Garmin Quest Help Needed

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 13:23
ThreadID: 29872 Views:1547 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We recently invested in a Garmin Quest GPS and are in need of assistance from anyone who is familiar with its workings; e.g. is there further info other than the Owners Book, which is far from extensive!
For instance, having transferred a set route from computer, how do we prevent the device making other arrangements as to which way to go? We have tried everything but it insists on taking us through the City Block rather than the by-pass we had in the Mapsource transfer.
Hope someone has some suggestions!

Suburbanmiddy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: slow mower - Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 17:08

Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 17:08
Howdy, am also the 'proud' owner of this type of GPS. With auto routing, the unit needs a defined starting point and a destination. Within the settings, you can define exclusions (dirt roads, toll roads etc). To the best of my knowledge despite you having laid out a direction of travel etc (probably using map source) there is no way you can 'enable' those settings once the 'route' has been transferred back onto the Quest. The auto routing I find to be very good. If it selects a route that I don't agree with, all you do, whilst driving, is take the detour or alternate route (that you want) and the unit will recalculate (fairly quickly) and get you back on 'track'. Hope this is of some help.

Cheers
AnswerID: 149643

Reply By: Middy1 - Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 01:00

Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 01:00
Hi SlowMower
Thanks for that advice . . . Was wondering whether to place strategic "via-points" in the "route" to force the Quest to go there in stages ?
The Citymap on computer has the waypoint function - maybe this would do the same thing?
AnswerID: 149943

Sponsored Links