Question for ExplorOz

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 19:35
ThreadID: 29883 Views:1613 Replies:3 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
David/Michelle, just a quick question, when I search the archives, ticking all the boxes, for a word that I know I have used in a post, it doesn't find any thing?????? How come, any ideas? Thanks in advance. John
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 20:03

Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 20:03
John,

Can you please give an example and what you type where - Also once the search has run and you have no results (say) copy and paste the browsers address bar into email and send it to me at david@exploroz.com

There are a few issues I am still trying to resolve after the major upgrades the other week and the address bar will show me the query you are running.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 149677

Reply By: Member - John - Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 20:24

Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 20:24
David, this is the link to the reply. I was trying to find a post I had on Isspro EGT gauges but can not find it. The search function won't go to "Both" or "Archives", hope this helps.

http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Default.asp?Search=1&Keywords=egt+gauge+isspro&Search_Topic=on&Search_Body=on&Search_Name=on&StartDate=&EndDate=&Submit.x=13&Submit.y=7
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 149680

Follow Up By: Member - Trevor M (SA) - Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 20:55

Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 20:55
I just tried "both" and it worked for me. I may be proved wrong but what I always do it firstly change the post view to Both (and wait until it loads ("both" will now show red), then put in the details of the search.

Hope that helps

Trevor
FollowupID: 402978

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 20:55

Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 20:55
John,

Try this - Archives are now a function is site search as is displayed in the message when you try to run both or archives. There is a link displayed to take you to the specific archive search - Try this:

http://www.exploroz.com/SiteSearch.asp?target=egt+gauge+isspro&submit1=Search&FArv=on

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 149692

Follow Up By: Member - Ozdyssey (QLD) - Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 21:38

Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 21:38
David
I had a problem with this last night trying to find "portabote" in the archives. I know there was at least one relevant post because I remember writing it 6-12 mths ago.

I just tried again and no luck again.

>>
http://www.exploroz.com/SiteSearch.asp?target=egt+gauge+isspro&submit1=Search&FArv=on

I remember getting the above screen once searching for something else a few weeks ago but could not get it again with my "portabote" search.

John
FollowupID: 402994

Follow Up By: Wombat - Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 12:35

Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 12:35
I think you may find that if word was used only in a "follow-up" that the search function doesn't access these. It appears to only search "questions" and "replies". Is this the case, David?
FollowupID: 403123

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 18:18

Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 18:18
Paul,

You are correct and since the DB conversion I have been working to finalise the implementation of site search to manage all searches of the forum data.

The site search link to the forum archive search does however check all parts of the thread. Only the active data search does not check the followup items.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 403204

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 18:25

Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 18:25
John,

I just ran a potrabote archive search and received 6 results:

http://www.exploroz.com/SiteSearch.asp?target=portabote&submit1=Search&FArv=on

Let me know if the post you are looking for dos not come up!

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 403205

Sponsored Links