dirty diesel

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 19:40
ThreadID: 29884 Views:1926 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
just to inform those interested about the state of diesel in central qeensland, Watched the 7 local news tonight and saw a story on how dirty diesel has been causing mechanical problems (didn't say exactly what problems) in Mackay area affecting all users of diesel, at the end of the segment they had local fitters on saying how there has been an sharp increase in the repair of fuel pump seals due to the lower sulpher content. I had a bitch on this forum a couple of days ago about low sulpher ruining my seals, maybe it has slowly, but our diesel quality may have stuffed them. Any commets or ideas ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Axle - Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 20:27

Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 20:27
Hi matbran
In my opinion dirty fuel can do all sorts of damage right throughout the injection system. Lower sulpher is a issue i think but need more time to see what eventuates. My thing with a diesel is to make sure there is a decent sediiment trap before the main filters, prefably glass or persplex bowl.Then you can actually see the contaminatoin entering the system, and can service accordingly.
Cheers axle
AnswerID: 149681

Reply By: Redeye - Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 08:16

Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 08:16
Matbran,

BP did pay to fix my fuel pump a few years ago here in Brisbane due to lower sulphur. There were lots of fuel pumps which started leaking around 2000 (???) when they first introduce the low sulphur. My vehicle at that stage was a 2.4L SURF.

Redeye
AnswerID: 149780

Sponsored Links