Bio Diesel

Submitted: Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 13:32
ThreadID: 29914 Views:2151 Replies:5 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone know if there is a web site that lists where you can buy bio diesel australia wide.

There was a servo in Coff Harbour selling it and about 4 weeks later, they stopped selling it, which prompts the questuin. Apart from making it yourself, where can we buy it.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ro-dah-o (WA) - Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 14:24

Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 14:24
When we travelled to wagga from perth, i know that all the SAFF fuel servos staed that their diesel was a blend of bio and regular.

I know it hasnt taken off in WA yet, although there were whispers of bio diesel plant being built on the outskirts of perth. Havent heard any more.
AnswerID: 149845

Reply By: cokeaddict - Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 15:09

Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 15:09
send me ur email addy and ill fill u in on whats happening

cokeaddict@optusnet.com.au

cheers ange
AnswerID: 149856

Follow Up By: cruiser - Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 15:12

Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 15:12
austin_powers39@hotmail.com

Thanks
FollowupID: 403155

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 18:26

Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 18:26
bonzatsclsddotnetdotau
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 403206

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 19:49

Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 19:49
Ange,

Is it not fit to publish this info for all! If not you can tell me anyway at david@exploroz.com
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 403229

Reply By: cokeaddict - Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 14:38

Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 14:38
Hi guys,
I have just contacted the administrators of the dio diesel site asking permission to post the details in here. I also notified David of same.

Please understand that i have been a member of this bio diesel site for a few months now and i feel it is not up to me to detail the info in here without permission of the administrators. I await their reply.
Please understand my reasoning for holding back. If i get the go ahead, you will all be informed of the site within a few hours of a reply from them to me, that is ..if David has no objection.

This site is based on everything to do with boi diesel, from home brewing to organised collection in drums. Some of the boys have been using it for a while now and from waht i have read, it is well worth the cost for those planning on keeping their vehicles for years to come.

Basic advantages are, clean oil, clean sump (washes out all crap built up caused by the fuel we now use. Also cleans your tank out too. SO in short, a perfectly clean fuel system. That is just the icing ok, there are some steps you need to take if you change over to dio diesel, some of these are, fuel filter will clog up as it washes out your tank, all the junk will end up in ur fuel filter thus needing to be replaced. This is NOT something you will need to do all the time. Most cases its a once off situation, depending how dirty your fuel tank - lines, are.

Personally, As soon as it is available at the bowser (which will be soon) I am converting over.
Stay tuned, I will fill you in as soon as i get a reply.

Ange
AnswerID: 150008

Follow Up By: cruiser - Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 14:46

Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 14:46
We await your response, until then, thanks for the private email.
FollowupID: 403371

Reply By: cokeaddict - Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 22:28

Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 22:28
Ok,
All is clear for me to post the addy for you guys wanting to get involved with purchasing some bio diesel for your own usage. They buy in bulk and the more people wanting to try it, the better for all. Hope you get some good info from the site. I sure do and i will be trying it soon. with the probability of running bio diesel permanently in my GQ. I cant wait to see how clean my engine will be after a tank or two.

Good luck guys. Thankyou for being so patient

www.sydneybiodiesel.com

AnswerID: 150067

Reply By: richopesto - Sunday, Jan 22, 2006 at 00:46

Sunday, Jan 22, 2006 at 00:46
hi cruiser,

have a look here:

http://www.abgbiodiesel.com
and here:
http://www.arfuels.com.au

these guys are now producing but only for large scale commercial usage.
all I can suggest is emailing these guys and asking why the fuel isnt avialable for your use.
Id cc a copy to the Minister for the Environment, Ian Campbell, and your local member.
http://www.deh.gov.au/minister/env/

Have a google around, you'll find its in widespread use in Europe.
I wont go on, I'll just get annoyed at our Government ;-)

This site also has lots of good info about its effects (all good) on your motor,there's a bit of reading there about home brewing, but very informative:
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html

Happy biodiesel use.

cheers
Richo
AnswerID: 150082

Sponsored Links