Lyndhurst to Camerons Corner

Submitted: Friday, Jan 17, 2003 at 23:33
ThreadID: 3004 Views:6220 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Could anyone tell me time wise, how long it would take to drive from Lyndhurst to Camerons Corner via the strezlecki.Also we plan to drive from Camerons Corner to Innaminka via the bore track. How long would that take?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Piers - Saturday, Jan 18, 2003 at 12:36

Saturday, Jan 18, 2003 at 12:36
I drove from Lyndhurst to Cameron's corner via the Strezlecki Track in December 2002. Whilst I can't remember exactly how many hours it took, I do remember that I easily drove it in a single day. When I did this trek the Strezlecki had been recently graded and I didn't need to engage 4WD in any sections. The most interesting part of the trek was from Cameron's corner to the Strezlecki where you pass over a rollercoaster ride of sand hills - only once or twice did I need to engage high range 4WD (there are a couple of washouts and bulldust patches). But if it had recently rained, I'm sure that this journey would be much more challenging than I experienced.

I also drove from Cameron's corner to Innaminka around the same time. Straight forward driving easily completed within a day. I took the old Strezlecki track which was slightly more challenging and required high range 4WD. Once again, it was dry when I travelled making it relatively straight forward. If it had recently rained, it would have been much more challenging.

Hope this helps. Piers.
AnswerID: 11478

Reply By: Member - Mike - Saturday, Jan 18, 2003 at 12:44

Saturday, Jan 18, 2003 at 12:44
Wheely,
Lyndhurst via Merty Merty easy day drive. VG National Parks Campsite at Montecollina Bore in amoungst sand dunes. I do "mincka to Tipoburra via Bore Track in day easily without rushing, My"day" stops at 1600!!
Most people seem to do loop trip;
ie Lyndhurst, Strez Creek crossing, thence old track (very easy and away from Moomba traffic), and then return via Bore Track. Anothe good camp spot is within Sturt NP at Fort Grey.
Hope above is of use
Mike
AnswerID: 11479

Follow Up By: Wheely - Saturday, Jan 18, 2003 at 15:14

Saturday, Jan 18, 2003 at 15:14
Mike
Do you think its possible to drive from Lyndhurst to Camerons Corner and then on to Innaminka via the bore track in one (big) day.

FollowupID: 6413

Follow Up By: Member - Mike - Saturday, Jan 18, 2003 at 17:36

Saturday, Jan 18, 2003 at 17:36
No, I would not recommend it. I would aim to overnight at Bollards Lagoon (start of Bore Track) having been to C Corner and then back tracked.
Further would be a rush, and in my opinion not do justice to trip.
Where are you going after 'Mincka - North?
Mike
FollowupID: 6415

Reply By: wheely - Saturday, Jan 18, 2003 at 22:55

Saturday, Jan 18, 2003 at 22:55
Mike
Sounds like a good idea to camp at Bollards Lagoon, is it a good camping spot? We are heading across to Noccundra from Innaminka and then down to Hamilton Gate and hopefully along the Dingo Fence to Hungerford. Do you know if there is any water in the Wilson River at Noccundra and also if it is still possible to drive the dingo fence? It seems like you know this area very well !
Wheely
AnswerID: 11501

Sponsored Links