Turkey Beach to 1770 ????

Submitted: Friday, Jan 27, 2006 at 06:31
ThreadID: 30157 Views:3919 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have camped at Middle Ck in Eurimbula National Park north of 1770 but have not tried to go any further north towards Turkey beach as there seems to be a maze of tracks through that country.
My digital maps show that the tracks not only will take me through to Turkey beach, but may also be able to put the tinny in and explore Pancake Ck and Jenny Lind Ck.

Does anyone have knowledge, GPS tracks, or details of this area and whether it would be possible to tow a tinny through that area?

I have been anchored in Pancake Ck in our yacht before but would like to try and access it in the Landcruiser to camp. I have been looking at Jenny Lind Ck on Google Earth and it looks fantastic for camping and fishing.

I bet some locals are not going to be happy I posted this question.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: RosscoH - Friday, Jan 27, 2006 at 07:25

Friday, Jan 27, 2006 at 07:25
Hi Big Woody,
Yes you can drive through to Turkey Beach, Did it last Easter, Just stayed on the main track and went exploring, didn't have the luxury of a map. Brings you out on the bitumen rd a few kms out of Turkey.We went through after the big Friday night storm and you could take the tinny if you went steady.
Cheers Rossco
AnswerID: 151227

Reply By: masti - Friday, Jan 27, 2006 at 10:58

Friday, Jan 27, 2006 at 10:58
Big Woody go to www.ausfish.com.au for their chat site board and look up 4wd and theres a whole thread on it.
AnswerID: 151252

Sponsored Links