Australian 4WD Insurance

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 28, 2006 at 15:28
ThreadID: 30191 Views:10999 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Have to change insurance for the cruiser soon due to leaving Tassie and came across these in just 4x4's.
Does anyone use them or have first hand experiance with them?
Will be living in W.A
(they are managed by DGA insurance brokers) thanks Nick
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: junior - Sunday, Jan 29, 2006 at 00:07

Sunday, Jan 29, 2006 at 00:07
Definatley recommend them Nick- I was with Just Car Insurance but changed when they started getting expensive and picky with mods.
Aust 4wd Insurance people are very friendly and helpful- nothing is a hassle (I have updated my policy with changes to my rig around 10 times in 12 months!!!)
They cover ALL your mods and they add the value of your accessories and mods to your rig to be paid out on top of fourbys' value if it gets knocked off (Just Car will only pay out unmodified value of rig). Also note that Aust 4wd Insurance cover you Australia wide and unlike other policies that specifiy you have to be on gazetted roads- they don't- you ARE covered ANYWHERE in Oz!
AnswerID: 151560

Follow Up By: Swoosh - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 08:23

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 08:23
Australian 4WD Insurance -- I would like to look into this instead of NRMA. Is it available in all states?
Can you give contact details for this company
FollowupID: 405322

Follow Up By: junior - Wednesday, Feb 01, 2006 at 05:17

Wednesday, Feb 01, 2006 at 05:17
http://www.dgainsurance.com.au/4wd.htm
FollowupID: 405864

Reply By: robak (QLD) - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 12:20

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 12:20
Nick

I had insurance with them for a while and found them good and and easy to talk to. I haven't made any claims with them though.

R.
AnswerID: 151759

Reply By: Spankys - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 13:18

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 13:18
I had bad dealings with them when trying to make a claim.

I was with them for 9 years no claims. I had some vandals tip a 20 litre paint can on my Troopie and colour it pink one summer. When I tried to make the claim for damage they told me that I was uninsured. The problem was that the underwriter that Australian 4WD Insurance use cashed my check and didnt tell Australian 4WD Insurance that I was paid up. It turned out that I was uninsured for 10 months with a $35,000 vehicle being driven daily. Because of the problem with it Australian 4WD Insurance wouldnt reinsure me or chase their part of the money and told me that it was my problem. They refused to reinstate my policy. I just sent the insurance check to the adress on the bill. The issue was so heated that I had the MD abuse me, sware at me and told me to stick my Toyota up my Arse. I was hung up on by several staff and in the end they refused to take my calls.

They are simply the most unhelpful, unethical, and most unproffessional people in the business. I was put onto them by ARB who originally had a financial interest. Initially it was called BRA insurance and later changed the name to Australian 4WD Insurance. I had spent over $19,000 on insurence with them and was treated like a criminal. I believe that ARB went out of partnership with them eventually.

I switched to AAMI in the end. The new policy was cheaper, lifetime rating 1, discounted home insurance, lower premiums and lower excess, friendlier staff and just a whole lot more proffessional than Aust 4WD. I have made 3 claims with AAMI far in excess of what my premiums have cost me and I am more than happy with them and their policy details.

Australian 4WD Insurance were great when taking my money but the worst business that I have ever dealt with when making a claim.

I would not touch them with a 20 foot barge pole while wearing a positive pressure suit.
AnswerID: 151780

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 14:35

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 14:35
I am using a mob called TCIS they are a broker and only deal with 4x4 no limits on accessories or mods. I have not had any claims but they were easy to deal with
AnswerID: 151799

Follow Up By: junior - Wednesday, Feb 01, 2006 at 05:19

Wednesday, Feb 01, 2006 at 05:19
Now I'm worried after reading Spanky's drama- can't say I've had to ask for any money back yet!
FollowupID: 405865

Sponsored Links