Suspension for BJ73

Submitted: Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 14:42
ThreadID: 30245 Views:5465 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all

Need to get new suspension for my mates bj73 MWB Landcruiser (3B diesel for those interested)

Mostly for camping trips also wants about a 2 -->3 inch lift, and carrys a bit of gear, needs new leaves and shocks.

Any suggestions, With a kit do you get shackles bushes and all the rest of the consumables or are they extra.

Should he just get leaves repacked???

I know OME and TJM brand, any others, What are iron man like?

Any info would be appreciated.

Ben

Located in Melbourne
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: fj60inOakford - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 16:12

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 16:12
I replace the leaves and shocks on my FJ60 with Ironman gear over Xmas. I'm on a really tight budget (well actually the missus changed the lock on her purse....) so didn't look too closely at OME after I got a quote that was over $2.3k fitted.

After shopping around I got the whole kit (2 inch lift, leaves, shocks (foamies), greasable shackles and bushes, and steering damper) for $1,300. Mind you, I did a lot of shopping around :-)

The result? I'm happy with the performance so far, but to be honest I've only given the rig a good workout once since I fitted it all. She coped with the Powerline Trek brilliantly, didn't come close to bottoming out or anything.

Mind you, I did have a major hassle getting the right parts. First the rear shockies were wrong, then (when I had the whole back off) I discovered they'd sent the wrong rear pins. All eventually sorted, but I got a bit p1ssed at being told by the Melb distributor that I should have paid more attention to their numbering system.

I know I could have saved myself the hassle by paying to have a set fitted - but hey, I'm $$$ in front.
AnswerID: 151819

Reply By: Member - Stephen M (NSW) - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 16:27

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 16:27
Hi there bj, have a look in the 4wd monthly magazine they advertise iron man in there and prices seem ok. You dont normally get shackles pins etc in kit form this is normally extra. I have just booked my'n in at TJM (front end only) including new front leaf springs (they wont have them retensioned as they reckon you will be back in 12 months needing doing again) greasable shackles, pins supply and fit $580 thats OME thats not including shocks which I will do my self. Have a read of post 30230. Regards Steve M
AnswerID: 151825

Reply By: banjodog - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 16:49

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 16:49
Call Terrain Tamer in your area for a price.

AnswerID: 151836

Sponsored Links