QLD EO GATHERING REPORT

Submitted: Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 20:56
ThreadID: 30265 Views:2157 Replies:5 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
This is a story of an awesome EO weekend that almost wasn't. Member Pezza, saught a gathering place with accessability for all vehicle types. Unfortunately I was the only other party interested and available for the designated weekend, so it was decided that Pezza and myself would make it a weekend that both of us could enjoy with our families and have access for a little mud on the tyres. My partner suggested that perhaps Borumba Deer Park at Imbil may provide just the environment for such a weekend because of the family environment and the surrounding State Forest with it’s abundant 4WD tracks for the beginner and experienced alike.

The changed venue struck interest with another 3 parties. The list of attendants included Bob & Robyn (aka Roofscooter), Tim, Laurelle, Cait and Bec (aka Member Tim), Perry, Cheryl and Karl (aka Member Pezza), Jo and Mark (aka Jo & Mark), Judy, Thomas and myself (aka Member Trevor).

Shall I start by saying what a great time we all had, with 2 Pajero’s, 2 Patrols and a Suzuki X90, we were all comfortable in the knowledge that we didn’t have to snatch Toyota’s out all weekend.

Each of us experienced some fun whilst pushing the capabilities of our own vehicles and driving skills. Bob’s Suzuki X90 was the real head turner with the completion of all tracks surprising even some Nissan owners with it’s get up and go approach to the slippery inclines, even at one stage leaving Tim and his Pajero wondering where he went wrong. With his no stopping approach to the exercise Tim would not be defeated and soon followed the Suzuki in record time on the next attempt.

Even with little 4wd experience Mark and Jo with their try anything attitude soon found a new friend in the much loved Pajero 3L succeeding to follow the more suitably modified GU Patrol of Pezza’s without faultering all weekend. Whilst on the subject of Mark and Jo, I need to tell you a story of The Mary Valley Rattler. I thought this was a train that took tourists through the Mary Valley (where we were camped) until I heard it roaring through our campsite on the first night without a train track in site. Pezza who was camped next to me got the blame the next morning, only to pass the buck to the next camp of Mark and Jo. So for future campers coming to the next gathering with Mark and Jo, BRING EARMUFFS if you want to sleep. Hahahaha (sorry Mark had to put that in)

Upon returning from the game’s night drive up the local hill climb on Saturday, the camp fire erupted in joke telling, sadly the rain ended what could have been a real funny night with the rude jokes having to wait until next time.

Special thanks to Pezza and his lovely family for the organization of what turned out to be a weekend of nice surroundings, great company, slippery 4wdriving and many camp fire laughs.
I can’t wait for the next one.

Warmest regards to all that attended, and thanks for helping make a good weekend great.
Trevor.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 21:03

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 21:03
A great read Trevor..... we'll try really really hard to make the next Qld Gathering....

Scouts Honour!!!
AnswerID: 151908

Follow Up By: Member - Trevor R (QLD) - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 21:44

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 21:44
I'll try just as hard to get another one going.
FollowupID: 405518

Reply By: jo and mark - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 21:44

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 21:44
Hey where is Perrys thread gone!

He wrote a thread, David replied and said he would keep it on the board till Perry moved it into members gathering reports where it would come up as a thread also, but in the last hour it has dissapeared!!!

Well I have to say, that Mark and I had a fantastic time these last 4 days, just a pity all things have to end and we must return to work in order to pay for the next gathering!
We really had a wonderful time with great people who now aren't just names on a forum but friends and driving buddies also.
And as for having been in the owners of the 4wd fraternity since December 21st, it was one of the best moves we ever made... and I must say of my husband, he really did perform and you'd of thought he'd been 4wd'ing for years! he was remarkably impressive.. (at least we got that Hill climb on Perrys camera to prove it!!!) I cannot wait to see that!
Mary River Rattler... that is great Trev! he felt so embarrassed...but at least I now have back up!!!
So we will definately have to have an easter get together! any others in on that one? We can guarantee a great time! (maybe Mark then would have a few other trains also on the track!!!)
AnswerID: 151936

Follow Up By: Member - Trevor R (QLD) - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 22:11

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 22:11
Keen for another get together? Hell yes.....but easter may be a little difficult as mother in law is up for an operation at that time (so I found out today). Don't count me out of it for that weekend totally though as stranger things have "held me up" from getting home for special occasions.

Cheers Trevor.
FollowupID: 405525

Follow Up By: jo and mark - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 22:16

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 22:16
we will work out something that is for sure! even a weekend meet up somewhere. See as much as we would like children, we do have a bit more sway up our sleeves with none yet!
FollowupID: 405526

Reply By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 22:47

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 22:47
Great report Trev. We'll try to get to the next one. Fraser had our attention last week-end.
AnswerID: 151969

Follow Up By: Member - Trevor R (QLD) - Tuesday, Jan 31, 2006 at 10:58

Tuesday, Jan 31, 2006 at 10:58
Yeah Norm,

Shame we didn't realise the Fraser cleanup was on the same weekend, good effort over there though. I know what is more important.

See you at the next gathering. Trevor.
FollowupID: 405599

Reply By: jo and mark - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 23:25

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 23:25
just got Mark updated with this thread and Perrys thread.

You had Mark in rolls of laughter Trevor with his snoring story, tears were in is eyes from laughing! he says next time we camp we make sure we are at least 500metres away from you! (that don't help me though when I am laying beside him!!!!!)
AnswerID: 151981

Reply By: Member - Wim (Qld) - Tuesday, Jan 31, 2006 at 08:17

Tuesday, Jan 31, 2006 at 08:17
Trevor.

Sorry we could not make this gathering but camper is being serviced ready for next trip.
Would love to make the next gathering but alas, it would appear we drive the wrong vehicle ;-)
Sounds like a good time was had by all.

regards
Camper setup
July 2012 - Hay River & Binns track
VKS 737 Mobile 0091
Selcall 0091

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 152009

Follow Up By: Member - Trevor R (QLD) - Tuesday, Jan 31, 2006 at 10:59

Tuesday, Jan 31, 2006 at 10:59
Wim,

It's only the wrong vehicle to someone else, as they say if the shoe fits.....

Cheers Trevor.
FollowupID: 405600

Follow Up By: Member - Pezza (QLD) - Tuesday, Jan 31, 2006 at 22:04

Tuesday, Jan 31, 2006 at 22:04
G'day Wim,
Might have missed you this time but I'm sure we'll catch you on another one.
It's never the wrong vehicle, just make sure you warn me is all, so I can bring the snatch strap! LOL.

Avagoodn
Pezza
FollowupID: 405765

Follow Up By: Member - Wim (Qld) - Wednesday, Feb 01, 2006 at 08:04

Wednesday, Feb 01, 2006 at 08:04
Pezza.

No probs. When we bought the tojo the salesman said it comes standard with a snatch strap. I always wondered why that was.

Regards

Wim
Camper setup
July 2012 - Hay River & Binns track
VKS 737 Mobile 0091
Selcall 0091

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 405884

Sponsored Links