Temporary closure Anne Beadell Track

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 08:33
ThreadID: 30342 Views:2158 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, I work in Defence and have contacts in the Range control of the Woomera Prohibited Area. Just a quick note for anyone planning to do the Anne Beadell track in March. Due to rocket testing in the Woomera Prohibited Area(WPA), the track will be closed for several hours (time TBA) on both 20th and 25th March. Also you dont want to be planning on camping in this area at this time as you will be asked to leave temporarily.
I'll try to give more information as I get it, but I also believe the launch will be open to the public ,so if you are a budding rocket scientists and will be heading through Wommera it might be interesting to stick around.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: chump_boy - Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 08:50

Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 08:50
Cheers, and thanks for that.

If these are the rockets I think they are, they are gunna be pretty big! I remember when a load came in through Brisbane about 6 months ago.....

Cheers,

Chump
AnswerID: 152447

Reply By: Member - Coyote (SA) - Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 09:24

Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 09:24
OK I have more info now.. From the horses mouth:

Road blocks will be set up in the vicinity of Tallaringa Well and Emu Test site. Currently the 2 launch days are 20 and 25 March, however it to early to confirm this for sure.
At the worst any travellers would only be held up for 1/2 day.
As soon as we have had our Range Readiness review late Feb and established that everything is still on track I will get back with firm road closure times.

For more details on what is being tested check out this link
a href="http://domain.com/path"www.mech.uq.edu.au/hyper/hyshot/"
AnswerID: 152458

Follow Up By: Member - Coyote (SA) - Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 09:25

Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 09:25
I messed up that link thingy.. not sure how to do it.. try a cut/paste from here..

http://www.mech.uq.edu.au/hyper/hyshot/
FollowupID: 406168

Follow Up By: Member - David 0- Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 19:44

Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 19:44
Bugs me sometiimes too

Link Here
FollowupID: 406327

Reply By: arthurking83 - Friday, Feb 03, 2006 at 01:11

Friday, Feb 03, 2006 at 01:11
I was planning to get away (from the mayhem and boredom) of the coming Games, I think around that time! :))

Would two, very young, budding rocket scientists (aged 3 and 5), an elder rocket scientist dropout, and an indifferent rocket SWMBO, all be welcomed to the viewing?

This would give us a target to head for (figuratively speaking ;)) at a time when targets are becoming harder to locate!

cheers.

ps. What I do to create a hyperlink..........

highlight the, <a href="http..........
bizo down the bottom of the posting area, and then edit that again with the text and link to the webpage!
(helps to minimise typos!)
AnswerID: 152647

Follow Up By: Member - Coyote (SA) - Friday, Feb 03, 2006 at 09:02

Friday, Feb 03, 2006 at 09:02
Hi arthurking.. sorry but I don't know the details of who/where etc you could go to for watching the launch. I go to Woomera for work every now and then and the Range Control mentioned they though this one was going to tbe open for public viewing. The only way to get details would be to contact the University of QLD (I guess through the webpage) and ask them. So I guess in summary, I only have details that the Range is being closed .
FollowupID: 406400

Sponsored Links