Motorhomes, I've never seen so many.

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 21:33
ThreadID: 30363 Views:2306 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Jenny and I just spent five nights at Apollo Bay in Vic. Weather was awful, but so be it. Lovely place, but very tourist driven.

At the Van Park we stayed at we saw at least 8 motorhomes everynight ( and most were fresh arrivals and departures the next day). Kea, Apollo, Maui etc. These things are seriously desireable for foreign tourists. Also saw a few "owned" jobs as well.

I got chatting to a Scottish Chap who told me he was paying 90 Quid (around A$220) per day, plus park fees.

Bus loads full of Japanese Tourists stopping in every day. Spending plenty, building business, and not harming the environment at all.

It's a bloody fine country that we have; people pay just to look at it.

We are so lucky that a drive through the bush is just a journey for us; for others it is an experience.

Jim.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: rolande- Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 21:38

Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 21:38
G'Day Jim,

Did you see the end of side-show alley on Monday?

Agree with the comment on the mob' homes. Heard a story several years ago where one couple drove from Lorne to the Bay in theirs early on a Sunday morning - on the right hand side of the road the entire way - was only when they got into town someone yelled out to them that they were on the wrong side of the road!

See why I avoid driving the GOR now!

Did you eat at "The Bay Leaf" or "La Bimba"

Rolande
AnswerID: 152603

Reply By: Member - Tonester (VIC) - Friday, Feb 03, 2006 at 13:10

Friday, Feb 03, 2006 at 13:10
Hey Jim. We were down that way on aust day weekend again, little further around the corner past cape otway however. Came back Sunday. Met two fellas and their chicks who sank a hilux in the river and came and asked for help, right as we were driving out with the CT attached (they flagged us). Those fellas were staying at Apollo Bay too. Was going to post that amusing story this week but just haven't got to it!

But as you were saying, it is tourist mania in the Bay itself.
AnswerID: 152714

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Saturday, Feb 04, 2006 at 07:35

Saturday, Feb 04, 2006 at 07:35
Jim,
It is a migrating thing.

Down south for the summer and then they all go north for the winter.

Wayne
AnswerID: 152866

Sponsored Links