Scorpion pressue cleaner

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 05, 2006 at 00:00
ThreadID: 30430 Views:6697 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
In the new Repco catalogue there is a petrol driven pressure cleaner made by Scorpion very likely China. but its only $199.
Does anybody here own such a cleaner? would love to know if they are any good.
Or would it be smarter to spend a bit more money and buy a known brand?

Thanks
Reiner
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Boc1971 - Sunday, Feb 05, 2006 at 00:23

Sunday, Feb 05, 2006 at 00:23
you get what you pay for ---- if you have no problems wuthg parting with $200 knowing it will be a throw away in about 12 months time then go for it .... dont expect it to last any longer

Motor will outlast the pump -- without even looking at the brand - i would guess that it has an alloy head as apposed to a brass head ---- alloy heads deteriate very quickly because of all the crap in the water supply -- this is also the case when the machine has not been used for a period of time as there will still be water in the pump itself.

so as i said - if you dont expect more than 12 months from it - and expect to no be able to get replacement parts or repairs after warranty runs out .... go for it ...

how do i know ? Its my business - work with machinery 5000 PSI and beyond custom build truck wash / car wash systems - and specialty pumps for heavy indusrty - used to sell the cheaper stuff --- just not worth my time ...

Frank
AnswerID: 153043

Reply By: Member - Peter D M - Sunday, Feb 05, 2006 at 21:13

Sunday, Feb 05, 2006 at 21:13
hi reiner,
i've got one mine 2200psi cost $499 on special last sept. from mitre 10. had a lavor 1800psi for 4 years but when it played up too dear to fix. mitre 10 told me they dont want problems with crap gear and no major problems with these.
a couple of the local house painters have them and no problems.
after 3 months the recoil/cord start siezed, contacted scorpion and had a replacement part by overnight express the next day. great pressure and does what i want from it, for how long who knows?

regards peter
AnswerID: 153205

Reply By: Member - Reiner G (QLD) - Sunday, Feb 05, 2006 at 21:57

Sunday, Feb 05, 2006 at 21:57
Thanks Frank and Peter for your replies. I normally agree that you get what you pay for but it depends too on how often you use something.
All I need it for is clean my Bike and my Trayback and maybe things around the house. I try one and see how it goes For $200 it's worth a test.
If it blows up I let you know :-)

Reiner
AnswerID: 153216

Follow Up By: Boc1971 - Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 09:00

Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 09:00
ADVICE to all --- if you dont use your machine much - try get it out once a month and just run it for 1 - 2 min -- water does eventually dry up inside the pumps leaving deposits of calciums / chlorine and what ever else is in the water suply -- this will glue your valves close ( even bypass valves on some machines ) if this happens it will need a pull apart to free up the componants so best just run the thing once a month and be sure to avtivate the gun on and off a few times .

Frank
FollowupID: 407203

Reply By: tex1972 - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 20:51

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 20:51
boss got one for the work ute that is a genset welder and air compressor all in a neat little bundle. Piece of crap welder has been repaired twice and the honda clone engine is a disaster I spend more time fixing it than using it, I would not recommend it to anyone.
AnswerID: 153712

Sponsored Links