98 navara workshop manual

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 05, 2006 at 09:08
ThreadID: 30437 Views:4520 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I've been looking for a CD workshop manual for a 98 Navara 4x4 3.2l diesel dual cab. Have found one on ebay.au but this excludes the QD32 engine. There is another available from a British web site but it's for a "Nissan Pickup". Does anyone know if the "British D22 Pickup" is the same as the "Australian D22 Navara". I don't really need the engine repair section (yet), cause it's a 3.2l and they go forever.(don;t they?)
regards
noel
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ron173 - Sunday, Feb 05, 2006 at 11:32

Sunday, Feb 05, 2006 at 11:32
I got 99 model identical, I have searched the world over for a manual, no joy.

Except of course the nissan one at $500 with two supplements at $300, no way!

I have even tried all the American models, also searched small trucks as Nissan fitted the QD32 to a few, again no use.

If per chance you stumble on one, I'd be very pleased to hear of it.

As for the engine, yes they do seem to be pretty good, change oil AND filter every 5000km religiously and it should be good for around 500,000kms.
Do tappets every 20,000km, hot setting 0.20mm inlet and exhaust, apart from that, not much else to do on em, keep eye on brake pad/shoe levels, change transfer and diff oils periodically, forget interval but I'm doing mine approx every 12months. I do fuel filter then too. Check belts regular too, never had any probs there though

I get around 500km on a tank before fuel light comes on, bout 100 less if towing.

I fitted OME all round with 50mm lift. Also fitted cruise control, which is good on the long runs. Got unifilter aswell which is good.

All up I'm very pleased with it and intend to keep it for the very long term as bodywork excellent and I've put a bit of money into it on accessories, got 130,000kms on it now and it just runs better n better.

Let me know if theres any other info you need I may be able to help, or look for a member on here, TOONFISH, he has one too, and was helpful with me.

Rgds

Ron
AnswerID: 153094

Reply By: 98navowner - Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 11:22

Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 11:22
Hi Ron
Thanks for the info. I have about 240,000 k on mine and still going strong. The suspension needs a bit of work (springs and torsion bars) and thats why I need a manual. Replacing rear springs is not a big job but I haven't replaced torsion bars before.
There is a D22 manual on ebay.au for about $15.00 but it excludes the QD32 engine. This may do the job cause I assume the body's are all the same.
I have found a Brittish web site selling a manual for a "Nissan D22 Pickup" which looks like a Navara. I have emailed them to ask if the "Pickup" is the same a the "navara" but as yet no response. The site is www.workshopmanuals.co.uk and the manual sells for about AUD $35.00. If I hear anything I'll let you know.
AnswerID: 153302

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 11:37

Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 11:37
tried www.pitstop.net.au?
AnswerID: 153304

Sponsored Links