Wolf 3D Engine Management Systems

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 21, 2003 at 18:27
ThreadID: 3044 Views:1346 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I have a Wolf 3D on a 4.6L Rangie.

It is slow to start, and often baulks (kicks-back) while cranking. I feel sorry for the poor starter-motor. I have tried all sorts of things to stop the problem, but nothing has worked. The supplier says it's likely to be an earthing problem. Everything is REALLY properly earthed, and I have measured very acceptable voltage drops between the battery negative and the starter motor body during cranking of less that 0.2volts.

Measuring the signal pulses with an oscilloscope has not demonstrated any abnormalities in the trigger pulses from the distributor, nor any problems with a noisy 12V supply to the EMS computer (this is wired direct to the battery via relay contacts).

Once the engine starts, it runs fine.

Has anybody else used the Wolf 3D and had thses kinds of baulking problems during cranking. Was there a fix?

I would be interested to know if this is my problem only, or are there others out there with the same problem.

Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: OziExplorer - Tuesday, Jan 21, 2003 at 20:01

Tuesday, Jan 21, 2003 at 20:01
Steve this is a completely new one on me. Do you have a URL for this 'device'.

What it is supposed to do that is advantagous and what does it cost?
AnswerID: 11643

Follow Up By: Goodsy - Tuesday, Jan 21, 2003 at 20:59

Tuesday, Jan 21, 2003 at 20:59
http://www.roversd1.com/wolf_injection.htm
FollowupID: 6587

Follow Up By: Oziexplorer - Tuesday, Jan 21, 2003 at 21:41

Tuesday, Jan 21, 2003 at 21:41
Hmmmmm yes, interesting, but I am an oiler head, not a petrol head.

I did however post a reference to that URL on the Overlander forum to see if any of the 4WD'rivers who are so easily parted from their money have seen, heard or had any experience with that unit.

Here is the URL, then click on Technical
http://forums.overlander.com.au/

Thanks for the link Goodsy. Any information is always welcome information.
FollowupID: 6588

Sponsored Links