AM and UHF CB in one unit

Submitted: Friday, Jul 06, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 305 Views:2335 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I'm looking for a combined AM(ie:27mhz) and UHF CB radio for my 4WD. I've seen one by Uniden, and one other brand I can't remember. I would prefer one with a separate face-place unit, so I can mount it in a small space, and put the main unit out of the way.

Does anyone know the brand or model name of the units that are like this?

Does anyone know if the AM part of these 2-in-one units also supports USB or LSB, or what power they transmit on for each mode they operate in?

Thanks for all help!

Chris.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Graham - Sunday, Jul 08, 2001 at 00:00

Sunday, Jul 08, 2001 at 00:00
I was also considering the Uniden 090 but in the end went for pure uhf unit GME TX3400 ...and think I'll give the AM/SSB one a miss..also will give HF a miss in the hope that in the near future stalite phones will become much cheaper.

I think the duel am/uhf can only scan 1 am&uhf channel at the one time which is ok for group treks etc...but not if you want to scan some other uhf ch as same time......
AnswerID: 741

Reply By: Nigel - Monday, Jul 09, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, Jul 09, 2001 at 00:00
The Uniden unit doesn't do SSB only AM. The
only remote mountable UHF I know of is the GME
TX3400 (very good unit). GME doesn't make a
combined UHF/27MHz set. I have 2 GME UHF's and
1 Uniden - on a power meter the GME's put out 5
watts, while the Uniden puts out 2.5 watts.
AnswerID: 744

Reply By: Dion Chandler - Monday, Jul 09, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, Jul 09, 2001 at 00:00
Chris, I find Uniden units are better in a base installation than a mobile installation. I still like the Philips UHF, but now use GME 4200 for it's features. Having a combined radio comes back to having all your eggs in one basket. I prefer to keep the two bands seperate, however if GME were to release a combined unit, that would make things interesting................ Cheers, Dion.
AnswerID: 747

Sponsored Links