Online World Maps

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 08:35
ThreadID: 30591 Views:1438 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone here know, the URL of a good online WORLD map, which, to some myopic programmers disgust, actually is outside of the USA map,(small minded people...) which shows geographic details such as, political borders, transport, rivers, valleys, etc.?

Something like our school atlases, BUT, with the ability to type in destinations, as we do with Google Earth, and be directed to the area in question?

Tracy and I did use Google Maps few months ago, when we planned our trip to Minnesota, but, I now want to look at areas inside India (which, god forbid, is not part of the USA....)

Wolfie

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 09:14

Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 09:14
I now want to look at areas inside India (which, god forbid, is not part of the USA....)
It will be some day.

All the best
Eric

AnswerID: 154016

Follow Up By: Member - RockyOne - Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 09:57

Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 09:57
Good one Eric..But,maybe got it round the wrong way! Maybe,the way India & China are going (like full on supercharged,on nitro) maybe India will get to own USA,then it would be USI ! The balance between the "have" and "have nots" is slowly changing. "Older timers" will remember the many,many countries (colonies) on the world map when we went to school (on those days when I was'nt "wagging" it),that were coloured in red,not representing a political persuasion,but rather,a group of countries under the,then,almighty United Kingdom banner.Pehaps nature has decreed that,when an individual,or nation reaches the apex,having won the long,enduring battle to climb up this side,there is always going to be another aggressive party battling their way up the other side with every intention to occupy the newly conquered summitt.Life's interesting is'nt it?Would'nt be dead for quids! Have fun..RockyOne
FollowupID: 407929

Reply By: Browser - Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 14:46

Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 14:46
Hi Lone Wolf,

I find that The CIA World Factbook is a really useful source of information on countries.

regards,

Browser
AnswerID: 154087

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 18:47

Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 18:47
Actually, that site is waaay cool!

I feel like a secret agent, now that I've got it all bookmarked.

Secret agent Wolf 181 (which is metric for 69... think about it...)
FollowupID: 408060

Follow Up By: govo - Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 21:53

Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 21:53
Thanks Browser..that is a good site...might be usefull for the kids doing asignments too
FollowupID: 408099

Sponsored Links