NATMAP..Anyone tried it yet..Observations?

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 09:36
ThreadID: 30592 Views:1989 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Did a quick click on www.ga.gov.au then onto map area..Awsome range avail but need to spend a lot more time there first..Rainy day would be good both ways..Need to find out if it all works on Mac OS X (Yeah,we have PC desktops & Lappies in our biz,but I prefer to take my iBook with me out bush,for my pix & videos) Interested in any GPS / Mapping s/w for OS X also..www sites ! Give us a yell please if you can help..Have fun..RockyOne!MPG:6!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wizard1 - Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 11:51

Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 11:51
A good place to usually start could have been the geoscience website where you would find this:

System Requirements
Geoscience Australia provides easy to follow self-help resources for users - this User Guide contains useful trouble shooting tips and a list of frequently asked questions. For troubleshooting advice users are encouraged to seek solutions from the Troubleshooting page. However, if users continue to encounter problems or cannot resolve a problem, Geoscience Australia offers a limited telephone support service for a period of one year from date of purchase for registered products.
Recommended Minimum
Web Browser Internet Explorer 6.0 Internet Explorer 5.5
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Microsoft Windows 98, ME, or XP

If your system does not meet, or is incompatible with, the Minimum or Recommended system requirements described above, you may be unable to operate the Product or experience functional problems when using the Product. In such cases, Geoscience Australia is not required to provide support, advice or assistance of any kind, and Geoscience Australia will not be liable for costs or losses of any kind that you may incur in using the Product.
Geoscience Australia is not responsible for maintaining the Product or for updating, modifying or configuring the Product to suit your system requirements.
AnswerID: 154042

Follow Up By: Member - RockyOne - Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 14:16

Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 14:16
Thanks W1..Guess the fact that you have clicked that site indicates you may have a need or interest in that type of product.If you or your circle of travelling companions have used this vendors product or others,would you care to indicate your success or otherwise to date?
FollowupID: 407994

Reply By: Member - Toolman (VIC) - Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 18:47

Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 18:47
RockyOne
I have been using the NATMAP Raster Mosaic for a while now and have downloaded GPS tracks onto it etc. It all works very well but you have to bear in mind that the scale of the maps mean there is some degree of difference between a GPS track position and the Raster product but all in all I'm surprised how well they match. You also have to be aware that new features won't appear on these products for a fair while so you have to be a little flexible in their use.

I'm pretty confident they don't cater for Mac's.

Toolman
AnswerID: 154125

Follow Up By: Member - RockyOne - Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 08:37

Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 08:37
Hi & thks Toolman! Makes sense,you mssg..Oh well,can buy PC type lappies for a song these days..Will have to check their site for specs req..Notice Garmin are updating their products (GPS) to be "Mac OS X friendly..Did you see in latest Aust Geo mag that re the desert expedition,the clever guy noted that the magnetic north changes over a period..It is 3deg different than about 150 years ago..(A "must read" article )Those guys are sure better at maths than me..Have fun and thanks again..RockyOne
FollowupID: 408169

Reply By: Wizard1 - Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 12:34

Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 12:34
Sorry Rocky I have no interest in Mac or OS2 as our computers are all Windows. We do have NATMAP 2003 that we use through Oziexplore.

My point was if you look hard enough you will get the info such as operting system that supports NATMAP.
AnswerID: 154283

Sponsored Links