long weekend getaway

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 22, 2003 at 23:50
ThreadID: 3061 Views:1621 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
being a long weekend we were looking at taking the tribe away sat arvo to monday arvo any ideas of places to go a few hours from bendigo we normaly go jamieson/howqua area or grampions but kids want something new to try out all we really need would be a river near bye gotta fish while drinking lol

thank you
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster - Thursday, Jan 23, 2003 at 09:30

Thursday, Jan 23, 2003 at 09:30
The Otways.

but be prepared, most people are heading there now since the high country is lookin dangerous!

posted by Darren on another list. he is a Guru on the Otways.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Otways is still pretty green round Beech forrest, and at Genaire, where I camped last week, where the Aire river meets the ocean, has fishing, green grass, swimming, surf fishing, and is 30km to Apollo Bay, 30 km to Lavers hill and 30 km to Beech forrest.

There are some good 4wd tracks there, 13 waterfalls, the glow worms,
Melba Gully, Cape Otway Lighthouse, etc etc etc...and no fires.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AnswerID: 11738

Reply By: bruce - Thursday, Jan 23, 2003 at 13:08

Thursday, Jan 23, 2003 at 13:08
you are not that far from Cohuna/ Gunbower..good camping spots on the Murray or Gunbower island...talking to a chap from up there the other day and he said that the cod are on the go and that I should be up there...b......dy lawn bowls !..cheers and good luck
AnswerID: 11750

Reply By: sean - Thursday, Jan 23, 2003 at 21:27

Thursday, Jan 23, 2003 at 21:27
Why are you going on the long weekend. Why leave saturday and come home monday. On long weekends it is still ok to come home sunday.
You should have told us how much time you really have. Why jamieson or howqua - there are closer places to Bendigo - or do you like to punish the kids in the car.

I really suggest you reconsider - I think you are making a serious mistake. There is a great caravan park at Inglewood. I think they have finished building the sand pit. I am sure your kids would love it.

Sean
AnswerID: 11771

Reply By: Old Soldier - Friday, Jan 24, 2003 at 10:04

Friday, Jan 24, 2003 at 10:04
G'day Diamond

Hmmmm,

"taking the tribe away"

Been there, done that - don't ever want to do it again thanks.

My tribe all have tribes of their own now and it's their turn to put up with the fights and arguments and mournful cries of "are we there yet" :) :) :)

We'll stay home this weekend tp celebrate Oz Day quietly, and head off after all those little monsters are back in school.

Heading off to the Noosa lakes with some mates of ours [also "empty nest" grandparents].

Just us, our camper trailers, fridges full of steaks and stubbies, and [hopefully] lots of fish.

Bloody rough - but someone has to do it I suppose :)

Enjoy your long weekend :)

AnswerID: 11797

Follow Up By: Ray - Friday, Jan 24, 2003 at 23:46

Friday, Jan 24, 2003 at 23:46
LOL, still suffering from shell shock old soldier, it's a wonder they still let you drive.
Anyway drive safely gramps, don't hold up us young ones on the road too much. Have a nice trip
FollowupID: 6763

Reply By: damien - Friday, Jan 24, 2003 at 16:51

Friday, Jan 24, 2003 at 16:51
Diamond, despite what others might say, there's nothing better than going away with the kids! Some just haven't got the patience to put up with them.

Where abouts at Howqua/Jamieson do you normally go - i've got a caravan up there & have been going there for more than 20 years.

Somewhere up on the Murray would be a good spot, but probably the hottest place in Vic this weekend, the Otways is also a good suggestion.
No matter where you go, it's gonna be hot

Have fun!
AnswerID: 11814

Sponsored Links