'IT' advice-Coyote,Gramps,Footrat.(BUSH DRI)

Submitted: Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 00:58
ThreadID: 30624 Views:2213 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
> Thanks for your 'IT' help. I'm one of those silly old farts(I guess that's SOF ),whose internet skills have trebled since having been told to transfer an address.
' And to any young fulla who should live to be as' IT' illiterate as me,
. Best Wishes

Jeff H.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: gramps - Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 01:07

Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 01:07
Jeff,

Whooops! I did'nt feel a thing. If i've helped you in any way, it was my pleasure.

Regards
AnswerID: 154221

Follow Up By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 07:29

Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 07:29
You should do coarses you also helped me thanks again.

All the best
Eric
FollowupID: 408151

Reply By: Member - Jeff H (QLD) - Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 02:15

Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 02:15
. Gramps,
I guess I'm guilty of some Victorian sin: I didn't realise you were a bloomin Crow-eater, just shows how long I've been out of circulation. Perhaps I just mixed with a generation of Maralinga-dust-eaters. -it happens.
One day,
. Jeff H.
AnswerID: 154227

Follow Up By: gramps - Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 02:24

Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 02:24
Jeff,

I'm definitely not a Crow-Eater. A Crow shooter, yes. Sorry mate, I'm just your average Mexican from Sydney :))))
FollowupID: 408146

Reply By: Member - Jeff H (QLD) - Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 03:40

Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 03:40
. Gramps,
a 1000 apologies, and may all your camels bear beautiful offspring.
Talk about a stuff-up.
. Crikey, it must be that Coyote bloke who told me about 'condom tree' address.
He seems like a real nice bloke - probably just passing through with work, I guess.
Maybe I'll just quietly crawl away and shutup.
. Till later,
. Jeff H.
AnswerID: 154231

Reply By: Member - Coyote (SA) - Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 09:19

Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 09:19
Not sure about the existance of such a thing as a silly old fart..
My take on this is: If we learn from our mistakes (which by default most of us do, allbeit with some poor exceptions - but the Darwin theory of 'survival of the fittest' usually means they don't get old enough to reproduce) then those who have lived to be considered 'old' have probably made a heck of a lot of mistakes and hence have learnt a lot... therefore.. if I can even learn 1% of what they have by listening to what they say, then hey.. thats 1% less mistakes I have to make in order to go on learning..
So who says the old farts are silly... I'd say it;s a big call to to say someone ho has a lot of life experience is silly, just becuase they have a different opinion or aren't as up to date with modern technology as I ... I hope I live long enough to be as old and 'wise' as amny of the experienced travellers on this web page.. I know for sure I would love to live even half of the experiences I have read in these pages.. Look at RM Williams for example.. what a full and fullfilling life he had and he could easily be referred to as an old fart until he passed away..

So Cheers you Old Farts.. keep the strories and experience flowing.. I hope I never have to learn another lesson the hard way..
AnswerID: 154252

Follow Up By: Footloose - Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 10:30

Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 10:30
A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool makes his own.

One of the problems of growing older, is that you know what may happen. But nobody listens to you. And if it's family, they will want you to help fix their mistakes which they made while not listening to you.

No wonder so many older folk are on the road !

FollowupID: 408197

Sponsored Links