4WD rent and max. passenger allowance

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 23, 2003 at 08:39
ThreadID: 3065 Views:2004 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

we are planning to rent a Hertz 4WD Outback Camper with 2 adults, 1 child 4 yrs, 1 child 2 yrs. Camper is signed out for 2 adults and one kid.
But there are 4 seatbelts in the car.

Anyone now if there are government (state) regulations about this because the car is signed out for 2 adults and one kid?

Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Brian - Thursday, Jan 23, 2003 at 09:20

Thursday, Jan 23, 2003 at 09:20
Bianca & Jan Do you know what camper it is ? The 2 year old will definatly have to have an Aus std baby seat and I believe the 4year old will have to have a booster seat (aus std). I don't think Hertz will charge for the extra child, but can provide the child seats, cheaply (about $30-40 per hire). It is important to give the right passenger information to the hire company as you may not be covered by insurance if you don't.
Can't stress how important the child seats are! My Two don't trave without one. I have attended crashes where they have saved the life of the infant!
hope this helps ,if you need more info just ask!
Brian

AnswerID: 11735

Reply By: OziExplorer - Thursday, Jan 23, 2003 at 09:24

Thursday, Jan 23, 2003 at 09:24
No regulations whatsoever. The regulations are that the each occupent must be fitted with the necessary restraining devices and there must be a proper approved restraining (seat belt) for each person. So if the vehicle has four seat belts, you can have four people.
Because of the age of your children, you will need the proper approved extra devices for them.

If you go to www.google.com.au and then click on the "Pages from Australia only" and enter in the Search dialogue box.

approved restraining devices for children

You will find plenty of information on what you need.
AnswerID: 11737

Reply By: royce - Thursday, Jan 23, 2003 at 21:59

Thursday, Jan 23, 2003 at 21:59
Check to see if you are allowed to take it 'off-road', some companies void any insurance if you take them off the bitumen.
AnswerID: 11775

Sponsored Links