Buying a rig with Yank money

Submitted: Monday, Feb 13, 2006 at 04:19
ThreadID: 30723 Views:1743 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
We are starting our six month trip to WA in a week, and I still haven't figured out how to work the money for buying a rig. If I end up buying from a dealer I think I can put it on the Master Card or Visa. But what if I want to get a decent deal from a private party? Anybody have any ideas on money transfers? Looking at around the $AUD 12000 range.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Monday, Feb 13, 2006 at 07:38

Monday, Feb 13, 2006 at 07:38
I dont see a problem, they all take Visa & Mastercard for service and other goods. If they can sell you a vehicle, they will take it from a card... Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 154660

Follow Up By: phantom - Monday, Feb 13, 2006 at 12:47

Monday, Feb 13, 2006 at 12:47
Hey Michael,
Not related to this post but could you send me your email as I would like to ask you about a friend of mine from Moss Vale whom I am sure you would know.
Thanks, Steve
FollowupID: 408677

Follow Up By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2006 at 11:14

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2006 at 11:14
Steve, Email: mpdempster@dodo.com.au, Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 408851

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Monday, Feb 13, 2006 at 07:59

Monday, Feb 13, 2006 at 07:59
Go to the bank, and get a cash advance. The interest is calculated from day number one.

Wolfie
AnswerID: 154664

Reply By: Member Boroma 604 - Monday, Feb 13, 2006 at 08:31

Monday, Feb 13, 2006 at 08:31
Gooday,
Think you will find most dealers will only take a small amount on creit card because of the commission they have to pay to the finance company who supports the card, (don't call 'em "BANKS" any more they are only on the side of rivers), also as they now have the power to pass the fees on, as Telstra & several others do, think cash or cleared funds will be the best way to go. Make sure you get clear tile if buying private, there is a 1800 number to "REVS", don't know the words for the acronym but worth the trouble.
Cheers boroma604 .
AnswerID: 154667

Follow Up By: Patrol22 - Monday, Feb 13, 2006 at 12:49

Monday, Feb 13, 2006 at 12:49
REVS - stands for the Registrar of Encumbered Vehicles
FollowupID: 408679

Reply By: Matt (W.A.) - Monday, Feb 13, 2006 at 09:32

Monday, Feb 13, 2006 at 09:32
Dagoboy,
I bought my Pajero on Visa Card and told the Car Dealer that as part of the conditions of sale they didn’t charge the “Merchant Fee” (Card Fee) because it was around 3%, back then it wasn’t law that they had too pass on the merchant fee (The Banks were a little slow on the uptake) now I believe that its been passed as law so the Dealer has no choice to pass on the “Merchant fee” I guess you could ask then to work out the fee and take that amount off the Purchase price!! Ha Ha……

The Money Transfer Option will work the same way as a “Pay Anyone” most banks have this facility on their internet banking all you need to do is get the Sellers BSB No, Bank Account No. and your set you transfer the money from your account to their account and the transaction is done.

Are you talking about purchasing the Vehicle remotely, like not physically touching the vehicle? Then I would look at using a Car Finder/Broker they can help you to find the perfect one.

Just remember that you want to take into consideration the previous owners weather they were smokers or not as this can ruin the car your looking to buy it happened to a mate of mine he found the perfect Cruiser in S.A. through a car finder who said it was great so he spent the money on a Red Eye Special Flight to go check it out and the Previous owner was a smoker, he took one smell of the cruiser and said no thanks….

Well enough from me I hope this helps you and didn’t put you to sleep….

Matt
AnswerID: 154676

Sponsored Links