Seisa to Weipa car ferry

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 14, 2006 at 22:39
ThreadID: 30791 Views:5157 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello All,
Can anyone advise me if there is a vehicular ferry from Seisa to Weipa?

If so, any details will be appreciated
Thankyou in advance.
Regards
Brendan...
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rob from Cairns Offroad Training & Tours - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2006 at 23:48

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2006 at 23:48
I am not aware of a vehicle ferry between Seisia and Weipa. Most freight goes to Weipa by road as the road is generally good and it is a long way to freight goods by sea Cairns being the closest practical port. The drive from Seisia to Weipa could be done in a day by short cutting thru Batavia but it would be a shame to miss Fruitbat and Twin Falls. Cheers Rob
AnswerID: 155051

Reply By: Turbo Diesel - Wednesday, Feb 15, 2006 at 09:25

Wednesday, Feb 15, 2006 at 09:25
Dont know for sure but there is a ferry from Currumbah to Weipa, don't know if it goes to Seiesa, However i do know someone who would know for sure. Call Garry Wright fishing charters in Seisa or Cape York Custom Sportfishing (SAME COMPANY) and ask Garry or Tim, they will help you out, plus they are the ultimate in fishing trust great people to know in Seisa. 07 4069 3400 or http://www.capeyorkcustomsportfishing.com.au/index.htm

Hope this helps
AnswerID: 155100

Reply By: Cape Kid - Thursday, Feb 16, 2006 at 09:23

Thursday, Feb 16, 2006 at 09:23
Hello
A vehicle ferry as such no, but shipping company yes. You could get your car put into a shipping container and then on to the ship. Freight into Weipa is about 50/50 water , road and there are I think at least 2 shipping companies that travel from Cairns up the East coast around the tip and down the Gulf to Weipa.Try Endeavour Shipping in Cairns . I have never shipped a car but use all the companies from time to time and have had no problems.
cheers.
Cape Kid

AnswerID: 155300

Sponsored Links