slow trip

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 13:45
ThreadID: 31003 Views:1440 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Folks,

We are thinking about a slow trip round OZ, we dont have a FWD but a rather old Tarago (in good nick) and a cub o matic /kamperoo (which is just about restored from the ground up just the new canvas to go on at the end of the month) we have a reasonable kit of camping gear and can be independant for a few days without too much panic .

I think we are going to head west from melbourne and would like to see the far south of western oz and then head north.

I wonder if you have any 'must see' places that one should not miss.. I dont mind good quality dirt roads but dont have the capability of any off/road travel.

We are a 60 y/o couple who enjoy some company along the way (meeting new people) , and taking our time to enjoy the places we visit but are not too keen in driving vast distances in any one day..

Thanks in advance

John & Jean Fisher
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tony G (ACT) - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 14:34

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 14:34
The wife and I took the slow trip heading west first, it took 12 months and we covered 34,000k, plenty to see on the way to the west, like the SW of SA up to Ceduna.

The SW of WA is great and worth a month or more and another month to get to Broome. Don't leave it too late fot the north of Qld, thats if you are doing it all in one year, it gets pretty warm after October.

60 years young is a great age to enjoy the trip and meet some loverly people. Enjoy it.
AnswerID: 156256

Follow Up By: Atropos - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 16:05

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 16:05
Hi Tony,

You sound like you have a teriffic trip, i dont knof if we can make it a 12 month trip .. but is a nice idea
FollowupID: 410333

Reply By: maroni - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 16:01

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 16:01
hi there places to see in w.a, well here are a few, albany,denmark,augusta,walpole(walk in the trees)but my favorite of all is Bremer Bay..beautiful spot esp this time for year , though all the south west will be lovely
enjoy your trip
wish i was going!!
AnswerID: 156273

Follow Up By: Atropos - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 16:09

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 16:09
Hi Maroni,

Thanks for that I'm starting to rough a few things out on the map so your tip are most welcome, its always better to get it from people who have been there!
FollowupID: 410336

Sponsored Links