Realezy Trailers

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 18:05
ThreadID: 31013 Views:2970 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hello all, We are looking at buying a Realezy Trailer for the tinny we carry on top of the camper trailer - would like information on how people mount or carry these fold up trailers. Any good ideas?? Cheers, Charlie & Rosemary
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Robert from Real-Ezy Folding Boat Trailers - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 20:39

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 20:39
Hi Charlie & Rosemary,
Just read your posting. I'm the designer & manufacturer of Real-Ezy Folding Boat Trailers and I would love to have a chat to you regarding the various mounting options available for your particular set up. If you email your contact number I can give you a call.
Regards
Rob Shawyer
Real-Ezy Folding Boat Trailer
AnswerID: 156331

Follow Up By: Member - uncle - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 22:09

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 22:09
Hi Charlie & Rosemary,we've just purchased one and are more than happy with it,the brackets to carry the trailer have just been mounted on our new camper trailer and will be sending Rob some pics soon.All I can say is a very schmick trailer that go's together in no time at all.And after sales service is THE best. Cheers Laurie.
FollowupID: 410431

Reply By: Member - Ian W (NSW) - Wednesday, Feb 22, 2006 at 13:02

Wednesday, Feb 22, 2006 at 13:02
Hi Guys,

Certainly give Robert a call as he suggests. He and his wife are lovely people wirh whom to do business. Christine and I found them to be very helpful when we purchased our trailer. My Camper Trailer did not have enough room to mount on the drawbar and the way it opens up did not allow for mounting at the back, however after a quick look Robert suggested an alternative arrangement that incorporated the existing boat rack.

I'm assuming you are from the Eastern States and if so I assure you it's well worth your while to actually make a trip to Realezy to do the purchase thing. When Chris and I visited to buy our trailer we assumed that we would be burchasing one of Robert's trailer mounting assemblies in addition to the trailer itself, however this turned out not to be necessary, Rob whipped out a couple of bits and pieces which were quickly adapted to my particular trailer and we were set to go.

In closing I would say that our Realezy purchase has been a great investment, no longer does proximity to the water dictate where we camp, no longer is it a case of pack up and move so as to be able to fish the next riverlake etc. In addition we now able to do day fishing trips around the Sydney area which were previously not possible.

Ian
AnswerID: 156463

Follow Up By: Charlie & Rosemary - Wednesday, Feb 22, 2006 at 18:39

Wednesday, Feb 22, 2006 at 18:39
Unbeknownst to me my husband rang Robert yesterday morning from Cape York - he's working there at the moment, and I emailed Robert last night and he rang me! Lovely fellow to have a chat to! Thanks for your input. We're in Qld so when Charlie is next home we'll go over to Brendale and have a look see! Robert assures us we'll be able to hook it on the boat rack somewhere. Now I just have to convince my husband to buy one of those swing over boat racks - we're getting old and have to worry about ankles, knees, backs and his heart so I want him well set up with no straining any time! Best thing I can see about the Realezy is that is can be registered - as you say, it would be great to not have to up camp and move just to put the tinny in the drink! Cheers, Rosemary
FollowupID: 410593

Reply By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Wednesday, Feb 22, 2006 at 22:59

Wednesday, Feb 22, 2006 at 22:59
The Real Ezy seems to be a great product, but you might also have a look at the Almac. It is aluminum and much lighter. 38 or 40 KG depending on the model. 24 KG with wheels removed. This may be important if carrying on your drawer bar. Many people put the trailer (24KG) on the drawer bar and the wheels on the boat rack under the trailer.

Not knocking the Real Ezy, just saying there are others in the market as well. I am looking to buy a fold up trailer as well and these two are my short list. Leaning towards the Almac due to weight.

http://www.almactrailers.com/

Norm C
AnswerID: 156572

Follow Up By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 10:12

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 10:12
Should read:
Many people put the trailer (24KG) on the drawer bar and the wheels on the boat rack under the BOAT.
FollowupID: 410703

Reply By: Charlie & Rosemary - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 08:25

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 08:25
Thanks for your post Norm. I've sent off the information to Charlie and we will have a look at this one too. Cheers, Rosemary
AnswerID: 156601

Sponsored Links