Crap drivers

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 08:45
ThreadID: 31063 Views:2785 Replies:18 FollowUps:44
This Thread has been Archived
I know I am getting old and cranky and maybe a bit too sensitive but what is it with the average driver these days that can't wait in line like everybody else .
My whinge , yesterday traffic in northside Brisbane was shot due to a prang on the highway (Bald Hills) so as expected traffic finds an alternate route (Strathpine)
now we are all in the same boat , simply want to get home , but I find an ever increasing number of drivers who have total contempt for the rest of us and rules.
Watched a young Lady ! change lanes about 10 times in 200 metres trying to get ahead , other drivers (usually young blokes ) change into a merge lane on the left , pass as many as possible then merge in again and the classic of simply getting of the left of the road and driving up the gravel verge only to push in again further up. I know some will say just ignore this as I am only winding myself up but I belive I have a good sense of fairness and justice. What sort of Rsoles are these people? do they think they are better than the rest of us or that the rules don't apply to them or is it that wonderfull Yank attitude of win at any cost.
And the general public are shocked at roadrage , this is one reason that it takes place.

Cheers Dave L

Time for my pill.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: simple - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:02

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:02
we knew brisbane would get like sydney eventually. its an everyday occurance down here. like the people on the roads where you have to turn either left or right at the end, the left turn's banked up so they go up the right lane and push into the left near the end.
but i did see some justice for an idiot the other day. a bloke on a motorbike overtook about 500m of stopped traffic on the wrong side of the road. one of those cars happened to be a cop car, haha sweet justice.
i don't mind if bikes sneak up a little bit between the cars, that's why you ride a bike, but i can't take stupidity.

cheers all
AnswerID: 156606

Follow Up By: F4Phantom - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 10:06

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 10:06
When I was driving to sydney from melbourne, I was waiting for it to be the worst place on earth to drive and having to mix it with angry and impatient drivers. To my suprise the sydney drivers were much more curteous, polite and seemed to let me in the different lanes no problem. They would always stop to help he enter a lane, i couldnt believe it. Melbourne drivers are much worse. Was it because the olympics was on and they were all on their best behaviour?
FollowupID: 410701

Follow Up By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 17:33

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 17:33
F4, I can assure you Sydney drivers are much worse when you're in a semi... Indicator on to turn left, have to use the right lane to make the corner... One full set of wheels in the left lane to stop idiots from rushing me as I begin to corner... After about 30 cars squeezed through I just went for it and got so many honks it was almost laughable... Sydney drivers also insist on driving 4 abreast on the M5 at 80kph and hold up masses of traffic... Yes this has happened EVERY time I've taken the truck to Sydney... They can't merge to save themselves and panic brake like nowhere else on earth... Oh yeah, and apparently they are championing a new rule... Exit the FWY from the right lane, while doing 80kph, irrespective of the truck bearing down on them in the next lane...

I rarely have issues in the truck while in Melb...

Sorry for the rant... Already fired up from a discussion earlier today...
FollowupID: 410793

Reply By: 944runner - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:12

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:12
I hate people that do this, especially at road works where there are signs a long way before advising of closed lane. If they try and merge infront of me I make sure they don't get it. I have waited patiently so they can as well.
AnswerID: 156608

Follow Up By: Member - Bill F (VIC) - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 17:46

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 17:46
Dear 944runner

The signs are tooooo far up the road
and some IDIOT driver MUST merge immediataly
Stay in the closing lane untill the lanes MERGE then m-e-r-g-e

I will let you in AT that point

Bill
Fay'd away from the crowd

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 410799

Follow Up By: noel h - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 22:33

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 22:33
Bill F speaks sense.
Have seen people merging half a mile too early and a truck comes down and merges when the lanes merge.
Tried this once and a shiela in a Monaro gave me a terrible time, horn blowing, the finger, the F**k you etc

noel
FollowupID: 411111

Reply By: Willem - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:16

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:16
Maybe you should take a Valium

Or move out here to the country 'where the atmosphere is great' (with apologies to the late Slim Dusty)
AnswerID: 156610

Follow Up By: Redback - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 11:17

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 11:17
No worries "Duncan my mate"
FollowupID: 410714

Follow Up By: Pajman Pete (SA) - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 13:55

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 13:55
Yeah it must be hell up there during rush hour Willem
Any mug can be uncomfortable out bush

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 410746

Follow Up By: David from Engine Saver Low Water Alarms - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 23:40

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 23:40
Sorry Willem,
I have to gazump you!
re: post FollowupID: 410598
Don't know what your claim to fame is but here in Ingham we have the original "Pub with no beer" The Lees' Hotel, Complete with statue of horse & rider on the balcony.
& the atmosphere is great!

P.S. The rush hour IS hell especially at the new (red) traffic lights.

Eddy
FollowupID: 410893

Follow Up By: Willem - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 00:03

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 00:03
David

In the first place I do not know where follow up id 410598 is or what it is about?

My claim to fame....WTF are you on about?

'where the atmosphere is great' is a line in the Slim Dusty song "I'd like to have a beer with Duncan".

Honestly some of you fellas just post for the sake of it

FollowupID: 410903

Follow Up By: David from Engine Saver Low Water Alarms - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 00:19

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 00:19
Willem:
The pub with no beer is a song.
It is about the Lees Hotel in Ingham.
Ingham is in the country.

What does WTF mean.
Are you shouting for some reason?
FollowupID: 410910

Follow Up By: Willem - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 00:29

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 00:29
You are not on the same wavelength as I am mate.

But you decided to pick on me for whatever reason.

Only you would know why.

WTF...Have you heard of two bricks? Go and have a look at the bottom of this page and click on the Abbreviations button

I know the Pub with No Beer is a song

I know where Ingham is.

I know where the Lees Hotel is.

Thank goodness it is a long way from here.

Goodnight!
FollowupID: 410914

Follow Up By: David from Engine Saver Low Water Alarms - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 00:38

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 00:38
Good night Willem.
The atmosphere is great.
Sleep well.
FollowupID: 410917

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 00:40

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 00:40
Good God! this is funnier than the Benny Hill Show.
FollowupID: 410919

Follow Up By: Willem - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 10:18

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 10:18
If only I could be as funny as Benny Hill

"And he drove the fastest Milkcart in the West" LOL
FollowupID: 410963

Follow Up By: Joe King - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 11:28

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 11:28
hey david, does your name end in a vowel, eg a,e,i,o, or u?
FollowupID: 410971

Follow Up By: Joe King - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 15:54

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 15:54
is it David or Eddy im talking to....
just want to know if you had a point when you made some earlier comments to willem...
i want to hear more about your views on "The pub with no beer"
enlighten me...... who wrote it, whats the story behind it, ect...
JK
FollowupID: 411022

Reply By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:23

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:23
What's worse is that these people have an expectation to be let in when they do this - in fact get pretty narcy if you don't let them. The rules say that when merging on a marked lane you must give way but if it is not marked then the car in front has right of way. A lot of people think that they have right of way on a marked road. Made sure of this because we are faced with this issue in a couple of places and want to make sure of where I stand should we have a prang. There are some days when I wish I was driving my old landrover (solid and mean bullbar) to force my rights sure would make a mess of those beemers.

Kind regards
AnswerID: 156612

Follow Up By: Member - Bill F (VIC) - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 22:18

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 22:18
Think of your time for a claim and on settlement you will be the loser

see follow up 410799

A big solid and mean bullbar To someone you hit in the wrong means you pay. There ain.t now such thing as rights
why if your in a hurry and can't stand any competion why are you in the wrong lane

Check the laws for Your state
Use the law to my benifit not yours

FollowupID: 410869

Follow Up By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 08:40

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 08:40
G'day Bill,

Not sure if we are talking cross purposes. In QLD you can only merge on a marked road if it is safe to do so - a totally different matter if someone lets you in as a matter of courtesy. The problem I have is people pulling out of slow traffic and scooting up on the inside lane and expecting, no demanding, their way back in front for the sake of a dozen vehicles. I usually sit in the slow lane and wait my turn only to be abused by some bloody (can say this now) idiot who thinks has some right to merge. The point I was trying to make was that in the case of a prang they would be in the wrong - it aint worth the hassle so you end up tolerating and encouraging what is terrible behaviour.

Kind regards
FollowupID: 410951

Reply By: Shaker - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:41

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:41
Couldn't agree more, the whole standard of driving has lowered over the past few years, with selfishness being a major problem.
Why don't most people even make simple turns properly any more? We were taught if making a left turn, indicate, then slow & move to the left, then turn, if making a right turn, indicate, then slow & move just to left of centre, then make your turn.
Why is it now, that most drivers just stop in the main driving lane & make all the vehicles behind wait until he/she can turn???
Also you will notice that I included the word 'indicate', drivers now use them as if they will get a bill at the end of every month charging $1 per blink.
The whole object of indicating is to warn the vehicles behind that you will be slowing to make a turn, but now drivers just jam on the brakes, start their turn, then indicate.
Also how many times do you jam on the brakes to let someone in to your lane on a country road, then look in your mirror & see a clear road behind ........ some people are obviously in a hurry ------ to die!
AnswerID: 156615

Follow Up By: Member - Bill F (VIC) - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 22:27

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 22:27
That was well said, not about a hurry to die but an indicator is an indication of what you, as a flowing driver is about to do Not after i can tell what you are going to do next after your brake lights come on

INDICATE BEFORE PUSH THE BRAKE LIGHT
TALK to the other driver

Bill

FollowupID: 410873

Reply By: OldMike - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:42

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:42
Totally agree with Willem. In fact generally do. Probably the best view of any city is in the rear view mirror.

mike
AnswerID: 156616

Reply By: jaaap - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:44

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:44
Back in the dim dark past when I got my License the rule was that you could change lanes when "it is safe to do so". NOT just put the indicator on and move over when you feel like it.
I try to be accomdating but sometimes !!!!
AnswerID: 156617

Reply By: Member - Reiner G (QLD) 4124 - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:53

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:53
whats wrong with old and cranky? :-)
A little feel good story here:
A while back I got cut off by one of those real Dh%$%$#% bad and had to hit the anker hard to avoid him. As a thank you he gave me a finger and laughed.
What he forgot was that his companies phone number was all over the van so I rang his boss. It was a plumber in Enoggera here in Brisbane. I told his boss what he just did and what he is doing with his Vans. The boss told me that the lad had two accidents in the last 12 month and he will call him in right now to pick up his papers. He said he wanted to get rid of him anyway.

What goes around comes around....most at the times not that quickly but in the end they do shoot themself in the foot.

Stop taking those pills Dave and just be cranky........it's good fun :-)
cheers
Reiner
AnswerID: 156619

Reply By: Flash - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:55

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:55
What about bloody tailgaters.

No wonder we get these horrendous jams at peak hour due multiple accidents, (everybody following too close soooo- multi vehicle prang!)
Had a B Double about one metre off my bumper the other day despite me being 10k's over the limit to get past slower traffic.
I have never even HEARD of cops booking someone for following too close!
All they target is speed! (Revenue raising, as it's so easy to point a radar at someone, often on roads where a few extra kays is not a real safety issue.)
Any other disgusting and dangerous behavior is acceptable.
AnswerID: 156620

Follow Up By: Member - Pezza (QLD) - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 14:29

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 14:29
"Had a B Double about one metre off my bumper the other day despite me being 10k's over the limit to get past slower traffic."

Did you ever think of getting out of the right hand lane and letting him past ?

Pezza
FollowupID: 410750

Follow Up By: Phreeq - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 16:19

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 16:19
Yeah tailgaters are terrible it also doesn't help when the person in front is travelling 5 or 10 ks under the limit. Maybe they are being self conscious about speed cameras and who can blame them but you aren't going to go to jail if you are doing the speed limit.
FollowupID: 410770

Follow Up By: Joe King - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 17:03

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 17:03
Tailgaters.......
I would love to line them all up, open up their stomachs, grab their small intestine & squeeze the living s*%t out of them.....
FollowupID: 410781

Follow Up By: Flash - Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 09:54

Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 09:54
Pezza,
#$*&%$#@ Bloody hell!
"Did you ever think of getting out of the right hand lane and letting him past ?"
No Offence but can't you read?
I'll spell it out again.
I WAS DOING ABOUT TEN KAYS OVER THE SPEED LIMIT.
I WAS PASSING SLOWER TRAFFIC.
I HAD A B DOUBLE ONE METRE OFF MY REAR END
and YES I GOT OUT OF THE PASSING LANE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND LET HIM GO AND KILL SOMEONE ELSE.
With a comment like that I suspect maybe YOU are a chronic tailgater.

BTW when someone sits on my arse I then will double my distance to the vehicle in front as thats what known as "defensive driving."
That's perhaps just one reason why in all my years of driving I have not had an "at fault" prang, despite holding a competition licence for some years and quite a bit of amateur rallying etc.
Also BTW I HAVE had a moron run into my rear-end and yes, he was tailgating.
If you don't like my serve, then tough- perhaps you should think before putting finger to keyboard next time.
Cheers
FollowupID: 411139

Follow Up By: Member - Pezza (QLD) - Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 10:36

Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 10:36
Flash,
Geeeezzz mate, no need to get all narky and abusive about it. With the tone of your respone I'm assuming ( maybe incorrectly) that you are a bit of a 'push and shove,do it my way or get out of the way, bully' on the road.
I don't care if you were doing 150kph, you were in the right hand lane and someone wanted to go faster than you, it's not up to you to regulate their speed, you made no mention in your original post about moving over as soon as it was feasable, most don't, and think it's there god given right to enforce the speed limit on others.
I was only pointing out that it was no big deal, move over and let him go, problem solved.
Besides, what you thought was "one metre" and what you classify as "tailgating" the B-double driver may have classified as "normal" distance, I have sat behind people at a safe distance ( and yes, I know how long it takes to pull up 62 tonne ) and have had them abuse me and carry on because they thought I was tailgating them, most of it is because it was a "big" truck, if it was a car they woudn't have thought twice about it.

"That's perhaps just one reason why in all my years of driving I have not had an "at fault" prang"

When people make comments like that I always wonder how many you have 'caused' ?
Methinks maybe you should be taking one of Willems vallium pills and settle dude.
BTW, I did think, that's why I put finger to keyboard.

Avagoodn
Pezza
FollowupID: 411144

Follow Up By: Flash - Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 11:31

Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 11:31
Pezza- no malice intended again, but you just made my day!
I rest my case.
You just proved me 100% correct with your reply.

And BTW I can judge 1 metre, or two, or ten, very well..... And I have not "caused " any accidents either.
"Normal!" That's the whole blasted trouble. It's dangerous and illegal.
If I had just touched my brake for ANY reason at all this guy would have hit me before he got his foot off the gas.

Like I said Cheers- and I don't suffer from road rage like so many do- except maybe just a little with bloody tailgaters because they cause so many accidents..
I will say no more on this now, so make sure you jump in for the last word... make my day again.
FollowupID: 411156

Follow Up By: Flash - Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 11:45

Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 11:45
Oh I forgot...
hopefully you won't mind if I do a bit of cut and paste with your reply in a thesis I'm helping my son with on our horrendous road toll.
Cheers
FollowupID: 411158

Follow Up By: Member - Pezza (QLD) - Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 13:59

Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 13:59
Maybe I should re-phrase that to...
What you 'thought' was one metre was in actual fact a lot futher, it just looks closer because it's a large vehicle.

My sympathies to your son.

Avagoodn
Pezza
FollowupID: 411175

Reply By: Rigor - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 10:09

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 10:09
Yes Riener sometimes is does feel good to be cranky , must come with age . I also agree with Willem , I have vowed not to retire in Brisbane after living here all my life . I have a place in Tin Can Bay where I will unwind at the end of my working life. But that will change like everywhere else I suppose . Last time I was up there I was watching the neighbour cleaning his car on the road and chucked chip packets and the like onto the road and simply watched them blow away!
rsoles are everywhere . Might contact that pommy crowd that produced "cranky old men" I reckon I am over qualified for that show.

Cheers Dave L.
AnswerID: 156624

Reply By: Member - Jack - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 10:14

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 10:14
I liked the sticker I saw the other day ....

"Drive carefully ... my passengers are all suicide bombers".

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 156627

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 10:31

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 10:31
I like the young tailgater on the freeway, yes the intercooler on the front of the Mazda the size of a 4 burner barbecue. Flies up behind the Patrol, im doing the speed limit, the freeway is peak hour and weaves in an out onto the breakdown lane with an agro look on his face, trying to see if i am keeping up with the traffic. Yes i am but If you leave more than two car lengths in front of you, you get the flashing headlights or the horn. Ignoring them is just the best feeling!!!!
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

AnswerID: 156632

Reply By: mid life - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 10:52

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 10:52
Time for a pill allright

I suggest you take a trip to a major city in SE asia like Bangkok for example where people put up with traffic 10 times worse then here, where the only rule is "there are no rules" and you'll find hardly any road rage at all. I guess people there just learned to accept that road rage doesn't acheive anything it just creates more traffic problems which causes more delays so why bother. whatever it is you'll come back with a completely different view of driving I can assure you.
AnswerID: 156637

Follow Up By: Darren C - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 12:08

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 12:08
I completely agree....I'm from London (but now in Perth) and found that although London and other major cities have far worse traffic, there are unwritten rules of the road that everyone tends to adhere to like keeping left, no undertaking, letting people in and people just get on with it. 'Keeping Left' here is a joke, the amount of times I have seen cars on the freeway literally travelling side by side at the same for kms on end with neither car looking like overtaking, or just picking the middle lane and sticking in it even though they are only doing 70 in a 100 zone....

I thought it was just me that thought Perth drivers were the worst in the world but even the West Australian ran a big article on this not so long back. The sooner people accept that bad traffic is part of life and everyone is in the same boat things would get a lot better....

FollowupID: 410723

Reply By: Member - John (Vic) - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 12:02

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 12:02
I recently drove across the Nullarbor to Perth.
Going both directions East and West I would say I had no hassles with the road trains etc doing the same trip, generally very courteous, gave you a wave and almost all sat pretty consistently on the speed limit.
Coming out of Adelaide to Melb different story, trucks right up my a$$ flashing lights etc and generally behaving very badly.
I was sitting on the speed limit and used the overtaking lanes to pass slower vehicles when they came up not these blokes double white meant nothing to them.

The best part, an hour later I would pass them parked in a truck stop having dinner etc. What did they achieve?

I always remember those trucks years ago that would grind along all day on 80 km's per hour. you would pass them and later on your stopped for lunch and they would pass you still doing 80 K's the old slow and steady wins the race.
Not anymore.
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 156649

Reply By: muzbry 3175 - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 12:45

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 12:45
GDay
My kids had a great laugh not long back when i was booked for doing 53 km at about 5/45 am in the pitch dark. I never drive fast and it p155es them rit off.
Muzbry3175
Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 156654

Follow Up By: Member - Bill F (VIC) - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 21:39

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 21:39
The point of the post?
FAST IS RELATIVE
IF you were booked/fined you were in the wrong??
WHY were your kids laughing ????
IF YOU SPEED (according to the local regulations)
ROAD works.School Zones local regulations

Doh What was the speed limit?
At that time (5.45 am)

BILL

FollowupID: 410858

Reply By: Member - greg S (QLD) - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 20:01

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 20:01
Rigor,
Nothin' wrong with gettin' old and cranky, I'm young and cranky(Jeez the missus has a lot to look forward too:))
What comes around, goes around ( I think?). I was driving home one day and came up to this car, and then he sped up, then I caught him about 3-4k up the road, then he took off again, and you get my drift. He even sped up when I went to overtake him in an overtaking lane. Well after about half an hour of this, I really had the S$#@'s ( I drive along at a set speed and just cruise along usually around 105-108kph with the cruise control turned on, if the road is crap then I will slow down according to the conditions {my speedo is out around 5-7 kph as well}) Anyway I eventually got around him only to have him sit up my butt, then he would back off a bit, then he would catch up and sit up my butt again( I think he liked my rear), He did this for a little while,as he wanted to re-overtake? me( probably for passing him in the first place) so what I did, which I probably shouldn't of done because it was just plain nasty, I would see him catch up, and when I knew he couldn't over take I would slow down to around 85-90kph, then when I knew he could overtake and was up my butt, I just sped up to the same speed I always sit on and then he couldn't overtake me and would have to sit there for a little longer, well after a bit, this must of got the better of him and when he did pass me on an overtaking section he was fairly hookin' in. I just waved, and remembered something I read in a caravan book, that is to picture them naked with their finger up their bum. This left me with a smile I didn't seem to lose for awhile.

Have to go now my wine glass is empty and it needs to be refilled

Greg

AnswerID: 156732

Follow Up By: Member - Bill F (VIC) - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 23:03

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 23:03
Little OLD wine Drinker
Did you have fun

I always like to pass an empty arsholle that doesn't know what speed his doing and the vehicle's capabilities

It is NOT legal to speed up when being attempted to be overtaken

Bill

FollowupID: 410882

Follow Up By: Member - greg S (QLD) - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 00:00

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 00:00
Bill,
Not too sure if you're havin' a crack at me or not. :))))))))
But yeah I did have fun. A lot actually ;))
I still get a smile when I think about it. (small things amuse small minds I suppose)

greg
FollowupID: 410902

Follow Up By: robak (QLD) - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 10:44

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 10:44
Greg,

The one thing that is more dangerous then some idtiot on the the roads, is having two idiots on the road.

While I (and probably others) experienced the frustration with some drivers and have done simmilar actions to yours, I certainly don't feel too good after.

Imagine if the other bleep decided he had enough, and overtook you, when you were traveling slow, and where he wasn't allowed to overtake. You accelarate to stop him passing. He then crashes into car with a family going on thier holidays. They all die. You then find out it's your parents neighbours that died. But it's not your fault. The other guy was overtaking illegaly. These sort of crashes happen all the time and often people not involved in the macho competition are the ones that pay the price.

I think we all need to chill out and let be prepared to let somebody else have the biggest bleep badghe for the day.

R.
FollowupID: 410966

Follow Up By: Member - greg S (QLD) - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 12:20

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 12:20
Robak,
You're right it was irresponsible of me to do what I did, but there are certain times in life where you say enough is enough and you let it get the better of you. Fortunately nothing happened and I never saw the car for the rest of the trip. The good news is that I must be getting wiser as I get older:))) as I caught up to a bus the other day, driving home from our daughter's school after seeing her violin practice session (the strangulated cat sound has now gone), and as I went to pass him on the overtaking lane, he sped up to over 115kph. All I did was take a deep breath and let him be. See, the anger management classes are going well!! hahahahahaha

greg
FollowupID: 410992

Reply By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 22:31

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 22:31
AnswerID: 156769

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 00:40

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 00:40
Jeez Ray I don't understand your point????

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 410918

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 00:51

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 00:51
Maybe your monitor needs a clean John

Adults only

clean your monitor brush
FollowupID: 410924

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 01:00

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 01:00
Damn that leaves a smudge on my screen that just won't go away.
I love it. ROTFLMAO.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 410925

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 01:01

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 01:01
Bit hard to get that cursor to stay still, wriggling all over the place.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 410927

Follow Up By: Wombat - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 11:36

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 11:36
My monitor has never been so clean!!!!
FollowupID: 410974

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 11:43

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 11:43
How did you manage that Paul?
Mine is still as dirty as hell, lots more cleaning required.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 410978

Follow Up By: Wombat - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 11:48

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 11:48
I think it may have been the saliva that I had to continually wipe off as I used the monitor brush.

. . . but I think I'll keep cleaning - lots of monitors around here that all need a good clean.
FollowupID: 410981

Follow Up By: Sargent Dan - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 13:42

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 13:42
omg very addictive
stunning
FollowupID: 410997

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 13:50

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 13:50
Hey Ray I have passed that link around to a few people and have received several requests for a Keyboard Brush to help clean up the dribble on the keys.
Do you have a Keyboard Brush by any chance you could pass on?

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 411000

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 14:01

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 14:01
lol
Rather delightful isn't it John, one of the more popular online utilitys that makes this task a pleasure.
Haven't come across a dribble brush, I'd have to search for that one lol

FollowupID: 411004

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 14:34

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 14:34
Well stop posting on here and find a dribble brush. LOL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 411009

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 14:39

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 14:39
sorry, if the keyboard blows up get some bust up gum ..lol

bust up gum
FollowupID: 411011

Reply By: muzbry 3175 - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 07:51

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 07:51
Lighten up a bit Bill,,,get the bee out of your ass...have you never done anything wrong?
Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 156806

Sponsored Links