Canvas canopy ideas & supplier needed

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 12:01
ThreadID: 31067 Views:2484 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am looking for recomendations for a manufacturer of canvas canopy and framework in the perth area.

I am looking to have a full canvas canopy with a roof rack over the cab and tray (Navara single cab).

If anyone has any good construction ideas and can tell me the best way to seal the canopy where the roofrack mounts go through, they would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ro-dah-o (WA) - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 14:10

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 14:10
Steve

Althought his doesnt help your conquest, I too am cuerrently looking at the same project in the the same area. I will watch this thread and if I find anything out I will post.

Currently looking at constructing the frame out of 50 mm diameter 2mm tube- looking at about $60 for a 6.5 m length. In the process of locating a pipe bender before I go too much further. I intend to build swinging doors into it at a later date for security and dogs, so Im thinkin of welding 50 x 50 weld mesh into the roof. This will also act as a hanging point for lights and spares I may not always use, but want kept out of the way

Mike
AnswerID: 156669

Reply By: rickwagupatrol - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 20:27

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 20:27
If either of you are down Armidale way, there is a good bloke there.
His shop is on Champion drive, just near the intersection of Seville Drive.
If you are on Seville Drive, turn left, away from the Shell servo, there is a flatish traffic island that you cross over, drive through a set of double gates, his is the first unit on the left. Just cant remember the company name :(.
Alternatively, on Barrington Street-Spearwood there is another bloke. Turn left off Stock Road if coming from the north, go just over the rail crossing, and on the right hand side is a large group of industrial units, turn right into the driveway, and bear right around the units.
hope this helps.

rick.
AnswerID: 156739

Reply By: lizard - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 20:53

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 20:53
I am getting Brysons Canvas in Mandurah to do my GU cab-chassis - all up $1430 for frame and canvas , two zips at rear , three each side , window front & rear .... they appear to do good work.
AnswerID: 156751

Sponsored Links