trailer wiring

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 12:41
ThreadID: 31069 Views:3080 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone advise me on my trailer wiring problem. I have successfully wired my car to my trailer using round trailer connectors and 5 wire core loom trailer wire. The problem is thast everything works as it should except for the right turn signal on the trailer. It lights up but does not flash.The left one works fine. Any ideas.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member JD- Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 12:51

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 12:51
Hi Gordie,
OK, alls ok with trailer off?..if so its probably an earth problem.just run a single from the earth on the trailer plug to the draw bar..a tek screw makes it easy..Hopefully this will help.
JD
AnswerID: 156655

Follow Up By: oakey - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 23:11

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 23:11
I agree, it's most likely to be an earth problem. If the brakes and tail lights etc work when they should and only that one indicator is not behaving then rewire the earth on that tailight and make sure it has a sound connection to the loom underneath the trailer.
FollowupID: 410885

Reply By: Member - Coyote (SA) - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 13:11

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 13:11
i had a similar problem when my trailer wire snapped after the trailer wasn't fastened properly.. I did a google search for trailer wiring and found several versions of 5 pin wiring.. it was quite a while ago now but I think I still have it at home.. I basically just tried each one until they all worked properly.. AI found that some of the configerations came close like you are talking about, but ended up with obscure thngs happening like you mention, eventually I find the right one (I think there was 4 versions) and all works fine now..
Not much help directly i know, but I'll check back this arvo when I get home and if no one has given you better advice I'll grab the print out I had when I fixed mine and let you know the web address I go t it from. Good luck..
AnswerID: 156662

Reply By: Pajman Pete (SA) - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 13:30

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 13:30
Try Here
Any mug can be uncomfortable out bush

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 156665

Sponsored Links