ER Viewer - Earth Resources Mapping

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 16:31
ThreadID: 31080 Views:2623 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have this on my desktop and I have no idea what it is or what it is used for .

Yes , I am a computer halfwit . Can anybody shed any light on this ?

Thanks ,

Willie .
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Longreach - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 16:57

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 16:57
This could be because you have been to the Geoscience Australia website and viewed the online maps from there which require you to dowload some software to do it. (eg. the NATMAP maps) Could that be the case ?
AnswerID: 156690

Reply By: Pterosaur - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 17:18

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 17:18
ER viewer is an application which allows you to view GIS (Geographic Information System) mapping produced using ER Mapper, and perhaps other similar applications, ( it is a software tool for image processing and data manipulation used in GIS) , - so, if you've viewed any online maps, or downloaded any, you probably got it then.

regards
Terry
AnswerID: 156694

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 18:10

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 18:10
Hi
Its actually just an image viewing program (whether the images are from/for GIS or not) - you cant do much with it, though it is handy for cropping images (and retaining georeferencing info) and for converting between a few image formats...I suspect most would just use it for looking at ecw files...but OziExplorer (and a range of other image viewing type programs now have ecw plugins for this purpose)

From the http://www.ermapper.com website...

ER Viewer is an easy to use image viewer featuring interactive roaming and zooming with very large image files. A wide range of image formats are supported:

From version 7.0,
ER Viewer supports JPEG 2000 files
ER Mapper ECW v2.0 compressed imagery
Universal Data Format (UDF) images
ER Mapper images
TIFF and GeoTIFF images
SPOT View images
ESRI BIL (ARC/INFO and ArcView) images
Smart Data ER Mapper algorithms

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 410803

Reply By: Member - Willie , Epping .Syd. - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 19:58

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 19:58
Terry , Longreach and Greg ,

Thanks guys for sorting that out .

CVheers ,

Willie .
AnswerID: 156729

Sponsored Links