terrano 11 electric fan

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 20:04
ThreadID: 31091 Views:1353 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
could any one tell me how to get the electric fan out of a terrano 11 do you have to remove the lefthand head light assembely and does any one know what other fan will fit it . cheers Bob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Julie P (VIC) - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 08:01

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 08:01
Will print out from my workshop disc either friday night or over weekend details on this for you and can email it to you if you like - (I won't have time before then) - ok? do you have a manual - we have the complete workshop manual on disc - could perhaps burn you a copy and send it to you at some stage
jules
AnswerID: 156808

Reply By: hoyks - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 12:32

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 12:32
I had a quick look through the manual and couldn’t see it, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t there.

Looking under the bonnet, the easiest way to get it out I would think is to remove the front grill. It is held on with plastic clips that need a ¼ turn to release. Once they are off, pull the clips out with pliers and clip them back into the grill assembly so then all you need to do to reinstall it is to push it back in.

As for the fan, 4 bolts and it should come out. It will be a bit tight but I got mine out this way. Mine also had driving light wiring running through the grill so it didn’t come all the way off, just out a bit to give more access.

I wandered around a wreckers and couldn’t find something that would fit as a replacement without some stuffing around. I looked at Navara’s, Patrols, Skylines, Urvans and a few non Nissans. I fitted a Craig Davis electric fan on a manual switch to help with cooling on the other side but it did bugger all and only lasted about 12 months before it packed it in.

What’s wrong with the old one?

If you can get a genuine one (they are dear as poison though) they will fit on either L or R side of the car, so you could fit two if need be. I don’t know if it would do much though as my opinion from looking under the car is that there isn’t enough room to allow a clear flow of air out the back of the engine bay.
AnswerID: 156856

Reply By: westBob - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 13:41

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 13:41
the bearings have gone in it . It has bean getting noisy for a while and the other day just stopped. have connected wires direct from the battery and moter doesent sound good and fan spins very slowley up until this point it usally runs about 1/2 temp when towing the cp but since it stoped the other week when towing it sits between 1/2 to 3/4 ok when not towing.It seems a realy tight squeeze between the ac pipe on the lhs and the middle radiater support i will try again my email adress is beerforbob@bigpond.com any info will b great.
AnswerID: 156867

Sponsored Links