kenworth truck

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 22:56
ThreadID: 31098 Views:4122 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
My kenworth has the 8 air bag suspension ,does any one out there know if i can increase the pressure in the bags with out altering the leveler valvs (i thaught there may be a regulator tap i cant see there some where)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Richard Kovac - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 23:31

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 23:31
egg
put a load on it it will increase the pressure

Try adjusting the reg at the air compressure to increase the system pressure ( the round thingy with the black rubber cap)
but the self leveling will adjust the ride height
AnswerID: 156783

Reply By: rickwagupatrol - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 00:10

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 00:10
Put simply,,,if you change the settings from factory you will achieve one or two things.
Firstly and most importantly, the weight able to be carried by the rear suspension would drop significantly.
Second, increase the pressure, load up, hit a good bump in the road and ................................................................BANG.
End of airbags.
Dont do it mate, it will end up costing you money, and lots of it.

rick.
AnswerID: 156790

Reply By: theshadows - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 01:24

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 01:24
Egg the air glide you cannot increase height ride simply. Its a shame I know I got the same problem on my "S" line I would love to press a lever and over inflate ride height when Shunting trailers. Unforantly all you can do is dump the bags. One day the yanks will put a computer in the air bag system that will let you increase it at a touch of a button { like Iverco , scania , volvo and merc's can}.

shadow.
AnswerID: 156795

Follow Up By: egg - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 18:33

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 18:33
shadow thank you,i guess i will be leaving that idea, i have in the cab an over ride switch (which was there when i got the truck) you turn it on and up goes the bags on windey roads it makes the truck more stable BUT if you forget it it turned on as i did once it pulled the chocks through the mountings i dont know how they have set it up but when it is switched on it inflates untill some thing gives way it takes some time for this to happen though.it will lift the back of the truck 6" + if you would like to know how it is set up i can investicate more for you
regards paul
FollowupID: 411064

Follow Up By: 120scruiser - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 20:34

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 20:34
The M.A.N trucks I drive, both a 99 model and 02 model have a unit beside the seat which allows you to raise, lower or reset to auto ride heights. Yet our brand new Argosy has only got a dump valve. As you say it is great for shuffling trailers on and off the docks as in our case Fridge vans. Maybe have a look in a yard at the unit and try to get a manufacturers name or part number off it. You may be able to adapt it to the valving.
Just a thought.
120scruiser
FollowupID: 411092

Sponsored Links