Trucksprings & E-mails.......ARGHHHH!!!!

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 18:33
ThreadID: 31145 Views:1720 Replies:7 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Afternoon everybody

Well what a frustrating week it has been. After all the replies re my post 30747 (Coilrites) many thanks have to be extended to the forum, especially Rob, who gave a lot of very helpful info.

Thus armed, the PC was fired up and a third e-mail sent to Trucksprings (USA) and the reply was even less helpful than the 2 prior. I even went to the trouble of including all the part numbers etc that Rob provided and yet they could not tell me if such a kit existed, rather they redirected me to their web site to commence yet another futile search. VERY FRUSTRATING. Now some at sometime mentioned a specific person they had dealt with at this company, any 'heads up' would be appreciated before I get all sarcastic with them. I realise that there are subtle differences between US english and AUS english, but this is just rediculous.

Thanks in advance
(Oh and this Clare Valley Riesling currently in my glass is bloody good)

Hagar
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jeff H (QLD) - Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 19:08

Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 19:08
Doesn't Hagar imbibe Mead??
Or at best a ruff red.
(No wonder they won't talk with you).
AnswerID: 157033

Reply By: Member - Peter D M - Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 19:17

Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 19:17
hagar
i've dealt with truckspring in the usa but by phone, give them a ring it cost me less than a call to sydney. by the way the catalogue no's used in aust for firestone products for my rodeo have no corresponding no over there.

regards peter
AnswerID: 157037

Follow Up By: Moggs - Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 19:56

Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 19:56
same here. I had a few unanswered emails - rang them one night and they could not have been nicer or more helpful - air springs arrived in about 4 days.

FollowupID: 411223

Reply By: Alloy c/t - Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 20:13

Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 20:13
Ordered the Firestone coilrites for my 80series cruiser last Sunday evening , were waiting at my local post office for pickup on Friday arvo ,,cost + post was $132 US ., worked out at $181 Australian ,, less than 50% of price quoted by local TGM store for polyairs..
AnswerID: 157043

Reply By: Darian (SA) - Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 20:21

Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 20:21
Might have been me Hags - my post 17937 - reply to my own below mentions Mark Warezak - good value re my contact with them. I did the ID of my parts off the site - then emailed him - was easy from their point of view - no doubt re the product - then rang him and ordered via CC - all ok. They were about a a week overdue, but that may have been out of their control - IF there is any doubt re the actual correct parts, I guess that could be too hard (doesn't have to be - maybe just is) - a lot of these places seem only interested in part numbers from us. If they have to do any mucking around with parts ID, then they go cold.
AnswerID: 157046

Reply By: udm - Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 22:59

Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 22:59
IMHO, why would somebody buy springs from america, while americans buy springs from australia?

Ulises
AnswerID: 157082

Reply By: Member - Hagar (SA) - Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 09:53

Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 09:53
Morning all

Being a member here has to be the best money spent, nothing but good info. Thanks all. Yes, a phone call is the next step, just needed to off load my frustration before then, or a tad of sarcasm could creep into the conversation. Buying the Coilrite or Polyair bags here in OZ would be easier, but at the price offered in the US the savings are huge and then there is the challenge.

Thank you "Big Kidz" for the info, will have a look later today.

Hope you all enjoy your day

Hagar
AnswerID: 157104

Reply By: fourstall2000 - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 08:40

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 08:40
I have bought two sets of coil rites from truck springs with no problems,some E mail replies take several days but the delivery service is great.
You have to realise that the vehicles here we require bags for, are not the same as in America,so they have problems identifying them.
With the Nissan patrol they do know which bags, but are sometimes unsure as to what model you refer to.
So any problems you have in dealing with them is not poor service on their part, rather a resuilt of their not being sure of what you require.
And as previously stated at about one third of local cost it is worth any frustration.
Regards
AnswerID: 157464

Sponsored Links