Cobb Base - New Design

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 20:04
ThreadID: 31148 Views:2488 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Forumites,

I was at the Adelaide Camping and Caravan Show today and stopped at the Cobb stand for a chat (as you do). I dropped my Cobb recently (onto the concrete floor of my shed) and cracked the base and asked the chap if the new base would fit the old bowl. It will, BUT

There is a new base due out in a month designed for Australian conditions (bumpy roads et al). It is made out of stainless steel with sort of pierced sides, still insulates and will sell for about $50. Once it comes out out you will have the option of plastic or stainless base when you buy a new Cobb #2. I'm in line for one.

I also couldn't resist signing up for 4WD Monthly and a set of free Stauns and a DVD. Then there was the Dream Pot we had been eyeing off for years that somehow came home with us as well.

We managed to resist buying the $590,000 Winnebago!

Pete
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Trekkie (Member - WA) - Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 20:28

Saturday, Feb 25, 2006 at 20:28
Good news about Cobb - I will wait until mine breaks
You will be sorry about the 4WD Monthly - but I guess you almost got it for nothing
What's a Dream Pot ?
I would like the Winnebago - not sure if it would go where I want to though.
AnswerID: 157049

Follow Up By: Pajman Pete (SA) - Monday, Feb 27, 2006 at 12:08

Monday, Feb 27, 2006 at 12:08
Yeah I know about the mag, but I was in the market for the Stauns and the cheapest I could find them elsewhere was $65.

As for what is a Dream Pot See Here

Cheers

Pete
FollowupID: 411516

Reply By: Member - Hagar (SA) - Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 10:06

Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 10:06
Morning Pajman Pete
Went to day in a row, once by myself for a "boys sticky" and with my loved one. Glad I left the credit card at home both times. Still managed to a little damage to the savings. The Cobb is tempting but will wait, the Kipor generator from the various sellers just got cheaper and cheaper as you went along, the best price was $800, really tempting. Not the best show, but still OK.
EO stickers were not that obvious in the carpark.

Hagar
AnswerID: 157111

Reply By: Jimbo - Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 11:44

Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 11:44
That's a bit rich. They build a thing with a dodgy base (this has been reported many times) and then charge you $50 for a proper base.

They should replace it free of charge.
AnswerID: 157129

Sponsored Links