Brand new traveller!

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 16:53
ThreadID: 31180 Views:1981 Replies:6 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hello folks,
Well, firstly, great to find a site that appears to have all that one could want as a 4x4 traveller! I am a new 'traveller', as it were, and own a Toyota 4Runner to which I hook up an off-road camper/trailer(custom made). I am an artist and cartoonist/ illustrator/photographer , and therefore will be doing a lot of travelling around this fair country finding subjects to paint! I am currently residing at Kynton in Victoria, but plan to travel north soon, particularly when the weather begins to cool off! Was wondering if there are any others living close to my area that have the same interest (travelling, that is!) and would love to meet up with people with common interests. Once again, very impressed with the website, oh, and can I post pics?...Regards and happy trekking!
Bronco 2
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member -Dodger - Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 16:58

Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 16:58
Bronco,
Without a doubt you will gain friends when travlin so just get out there and do it.
Love some Pics.
Welcome aboard and join as a member.
Happy snappy chappie!
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Cheers Dodg.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 157170

Follow Up By: Bronco2 - Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 18:59

Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 18:59
Hi Dodger
Thanks for the reply! Certainly enjoying the experience of random travelling! Would love to send some pics of my rig...email?
Let me know...Cheers mate
Bronco
FollowupID: 411419

Reply By: Member - Paul P (Bris) - Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 17:58

Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 17:58
Greetings

Welcome and do join as a member. Also Camper Trailers an Australian group. This URL will also lead you to the very active Yahoo group.

Regards

Paul
AnswerID: 157176

Reply By: hopscotch - Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 18:30

Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 18:30
Hi Bronco 2,

When you hit the road and stop for the night just pull out your easel and run off some sketches. If you have a glass of red or a stubbie close at hand you will find that there will be an audience not too far away. Happy hour starts any time you are ready in most places and most 'travellers' are looking to meet others. We keep a special book in which we put names and addresses of those we meet along the way with notes so that we can remember where and what and who.
This is a great country and most of the population are nice to get along with.
Kevin J
AnswerID: 157178

Follow Up By: Bronco2 - Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 18:50

Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 18:50
Hi Kevin!
Thanks for the prompt response. Yup, your suggestion is noted!..I usually knock off a couple of characatures, and suddenly everyone wants one! By the way, always have a red wine handy! I have travelled extensively throughout Aussie, but not as a" Nomad'before!..I recently decided to free-lance, that way I can do exactly as I please, and get to travel this great land. I recently set up my rig, which consists of a Toyota 4Runner and a purpose-built camper/trailer(off-road) so now I can load all my painting / photographic gear and hit the road! I travel on my own (with my little female pup for companionship!) and really love the lifestyle. Planning to travel north soon, probably up the east coast ( married daughter living in Brunswick Heads) see her for a few days, then see where my nose takes me! Anyway, as I am new to this venture, any suggestions would be gratefully accepted. Regards
Bronco
FollowupID: 411416

Follow Up By: Footloose - Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 19:10

Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 19:10
If travelling north of Brunswich Heads, there are some great camping spots in State Forests etc behind the Gold Coast. I'm sure that you know of the picture/painting possibilities around Mt Warning area.
Travel safely and have a ball
Cheers
Footloose
FollowupID: 411427

Reply By: Member - David 0- Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 20:16

Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 20:16
Not anywhere near you :-)

But keen traveller and photographer and writer and tour guide.
I always look forward to meeting others.
I met a woman whos name escapes me but is stored in our address list, who is famous for drawing a particular species of Australian plant. It was amazing to watch her work come to life.

David O
AnswerID: 157195

Reply By: Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 20:44

Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 20:44
Hiya Bronco2,

We're in Romsey, not far at all from you...if you want to get in touch, just click on the rig pic and get the addy

cheers

Lyn
AnswerID: 157205

Reply By: Rob from Cairns Offroad Training & Tours - Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 23:36

Sunday, Feb 26, 2006 at 23:36
G'day Bronco, welcome aboard. If you ever get the opportunity to travel down the Gibb River Road make sure you pop in to Mt Hart Station to see Taffy and Annabelle and their dingos. Annabelle is an incredibly gifted artist of plants and animals, super fine detailed work. Well worth a visit very interesting place. Cheers Rob
Mount Hart
AnswerID: 157227

Sponsored Links