Jackaroo Diesel standard twin battery running a fridge

Submitted: Friday, Jul 13, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 312 Views:2604 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Anyone have any experience running a fridge off the 2000 model or later twin battery setup in the Jackaroo Diesel. Allegedly with these batteries wired in parallel, it is a better setup, as it only _Affordable_Storage_Drawers.aspx the top off both batteries, which is replenished more quickly than with a separate deep cycle battery. Any thoughts?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: MARK C,SYDNEY - Saturday, Jul 14, 2001 at 00:00

Saturday, Jul 14, 2001 at 00:00
get yourself an autofridge to minimise battery draw, just run it while travelling , turn it off when stopped, and get a portable power pack in case you need a jump start.
AnswerID: 759

Reply By: MARK C,SYDNEY - Saturday, Jul 14, 2001 at 00:00

get yourself an autofridge to minimise battery draw, just run it while travelling , turn it off when stopped, and get a portable power pack in case you need a jump start.
AnswerID: 760

Follow Up By: Mike - Saturday, Jul 14, 2001 at 00:00

Mark, thanks for your reply. I have a Waeco CCF45 which I have used on a number of weekend trips and works fine. Initally I was looking at a Liemack which recommended wiring batteries in parallel for the reasons cited in my question(which incidentally is how the std Jackaroo wiring is). I'm interested to hear from other late model Jackaroo diesel owners or anyone who has utilised the parallel wiring technique and there views.
Regards, Mike
FollowupID: 224

Reply By: Colin - Monday, Jul 16, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, Jul 16, 2001 at 00:00
Hi Mike, How is the Jackaroo going? Getting better service these days?

I have not touched my dual battery set up either. I ran a 39l Engel with no drama. I did bring a Power Tank along with me just in case, (used it to power the camp lights, gameboys& portable TV for the kids). Had no problems at all over a three week period of travelling most days, having an occasional two day stop over. Not sure how your Waeco compares to the Engel 39l in terms of power consumption, but I have found that the Jackaroo twin battery set up, even though it is not ideal for powering accesories, is quite adequate for the traveller, who charges up the batteries every day. Not sure that it would suit the 'camper' who stays at one place for a long period.

Regards,

Colin
AnswerID: 765

Follow Up By: Mike Pavey - Monday, Jul 16, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, Jul 16, 2001 at 00:00
I have been using the Waeco without any problems. It has a low voltage cut out which I set on the high setting to maximise starting grunt. It's never activated though, and starting has never been an issue, even the cold mornings up in the high country. Most 4wd's seem to fit a 2nd deep cell battery, however I am told these take a long time to recharge, unlike the parallel setup on the Jackaroos which are replenished quickly. I'm interested to hear the opinion of others. Regards, Mike
FollowupID: 229

Sponsored Links