Dogs South of the Cape Range NP

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 11:02
ThreadID: 31241 Views:1681 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hello everyone,

Fantastic site, I have been a regular visitor since i started planning our TRIP a few months ago.

We will be doing a four month tour of WA and the Territory and will be travelling with two very well behaved dogs - an old kelpie and a jack russell terrier. We would like to know if anyone can tell us if it is OK to travel with dogs along the section of the Coral Bay- Exmouth track south of the NP. From reading forum threads here, it appears areas such as Nngaloo Station are a must. Has anyone taken their pets with them along this stretch of coast? Are they allowed?

I have ran a few searches here about the topic and have found some helpful info, but nothing on this specific area regarding dogs/pets.

Thanx in Advance

Luke and Jenny
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Spango - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 12:14

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 12:14
Luke should be okay, I camp at Winderabandi (north of Ningaloo Homestead) with friends and they always take there dogs.

Cheers
Spango
AnswerID: 157504

Reply By: Member - Doug T (QLD) - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 12:51

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 12:51
Crocs love em
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 157511

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (Widgiemooltha) - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 13:31

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 13:31
Southern distrabution of crocs in WA is believed to be around Pt Headland although I have heard rumours.........................
FollowupID: 411785

Reply By: Pilbara Wayne - Wednesday, Mar 01, 2006 at 02:55

Wednesday, Mar 01, 2006 at 02:55
G'day Luke

When I lived in Exmouth we used to take our dog through the National Park and then south of Yardie Creek and out of the National Park. The rangers had no control over this as the dog stayed in the car and it was on a gazetted road. There werent any problems with taking the dog with us. But then again you didnt have to pay to go into the park either back then (10 years ago!!)

I'd check that the area hasnt been baited with 1080 just to be sure. I'm not sure what the "rules" would be in the designated camping areas like Lefroy Bay. There are plenty of places to camp. Just try and find a spot where you cant see anyone else....good luck!!

Its a great section of coast and offers good fishing, even off the shore.

Have fun.

Cheers

Wayne

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 157741

Follow Up By: Luke C - Wednesday, Mar 01, 2006 at 08:23

Wednesday, Mar 01, 2006 at 08:23
Thanks everyone,

Sounds like its a goer. Will have the tinny fully set up to get serious about some fishing.

It's kinda funny, I can see why dogs are not permitted in some areas because of sensitive wildlife, but on the other hand I have never seen a dog leave empty cans in the wilderness!!

Regards

Luke

FollowupID: 412053

Sponsored Links