Weather in Birdsville

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 17:14
ThreadID: 31258 Views:2078 Replies:6 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Just thought I would mention that the weather has been very kind to us - and the past week has been 25 min and about 39 max with plenty of cloud and E/SE wind which always makes it seems like a sea breeze (truly) - the flies are noticeable but not really bad. Hopefully, the really terribly hot weather has gone away somewhere else. No rain, no water in the river, very little in the billabong - but Diamantina Lakes has had up to 3 metres in the last week, had dropped today to 1.74 m so this should give the Diamantina River a flush right through to here - and stir the little fishies up again. No, it won't be a flood, just a flush.
If it should rain EO will be the first to know.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Phil [Sunshine Coast] - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 18:06

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 18:06
g'day Ruth, all sounds good, [stii hot but!] hope to be goin through about 20 March, never been there so will check you's all out for a cuppla days, see you then ... Phil
AnswerID: 157585

Follow Up By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 18:31

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 18:31
Phil - I can honestly tell you that 39 here is really enjoyable, not like 33 (and very humid) at the lovely Sunshine Coast!! LOL. See you soon.
FollowupID: 411871

Reply By: Member - Marion C (VIC) - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 18:12

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 18:12
Hello there Ruth, thanks for the update. Hopefully we will visiting you in July. I think its great that you take the time to give us some relevant and interesting info.I always enjoy reading your comments. Hope to see you soon Cheers Marion
Talawana
VKS Selcall 2691

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 157586

Follow Up By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 18:33

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 18:33
Marion, it should be nice and cold for you in July but clear and sunny - thank you for your nice comments. Though I'd better say something nice about the weather because it's been rotten for the last 12 weeks. LOL. Look forward to seeing you - make sure you remind me and we'll have a cuppa.
FollowupID: 411872

Reply By: Footloose - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 20:44

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 20:44
Ruth, nice to see that you haven't still got the "flies dropping like crows" weather. Down on the Gold coast it's rain , rain and more rain. Sometimes I think I'd rather have the flies than the grass up over my head :))
AnswerID: 157612

Follow Up By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 22:07

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 22:07
Ooooh rain - I remember what that's like - sounds fantastic on the tin roof at Rathdowney!
FollowupID: 411942

Reply By: Glenn (VIC) - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 21:05

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 21:05
Howdy Ruth,

Great to hear your informative weather information again. Hope all is well and you are gearing up for the busy rush. Hope the "other" side of business is going well too. Will miss seeing you this year, but gearing up already for our 2007 bash, so see you then.

Cheers

Glenn
AnswerID: 157626

Follow Up By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 22:10

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 22:10
Hi Glenn (and you know who!) - just thought it was so nice to be able to make a nice weather report instead of whingeing as I have been for the last 12 weeks about the heat and being stuck inside all the time.
Got one camper tonight - boy, that's three this week - I'm rich as!
Not going to do that other thing - thought of a few other projects to do though and will see you in 2007. We'll miss you this year.
FollowupID: 411947

Reply By: 1812 - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 23:31

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 23:31
G'day Ruth,

Good to hear the weather is getting better. A bit off the subject but hope you might be able to help. WE are heading your way in mid April and then up to the Donohue and Plenty Hwy to Alice. What condition will the 'Hwy' be this time of year? WE have a Pathfinder towing a Jayco Dove O/B, Not a lot of experiance but commonsence. Is this a hard run? I have looked at Treck notes and Threds not much about dificulty.

Thanks for Info in advance

Scott
AnswerID: 157712

Follow Up By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Wednesday, Mar 01, 2006 at 10:16

Wednesday, Mar 01, 2006 at 10:16
Hi Scott, hard to say at this time of the year - but normally you shouldn't have any trouble towing your Jayco - depends on how deep the bulldust holes and corrumugations are! Just teasing. If you are going to be here before you go north then I can do the road report when you get here.
If you want to check it out before then ring the Boulia Police on
(07) 47463120 - but, a lot of weather can happen up there between now and then. Monsoons are still lurking and storms still happening.
Make sure you've got the back windscreen covered with something to stop it getting broken, have two spare tyres for the Nissan and two for the Jayco and some bits and bobs for the water lines of the Jayco and start getting ready to enjoy yourselves. Bring on the adventure. Talk to me anytime if I can help. Ruth
FollowupID: 412080

Reply By: Jenmcd - Wednesday, Mar 01, 2006 at 16:46

Wednesday, Mar 01, 2006 at 16:46
Hi Ruth

Tell me it will be cooler than 39 when we get there in June!!!! Cant wait to see you guys again. We leave here 9/6 and head up to Alice/ The Rock etc before heading back down to Dalhousie and then across the Simpson to see you! ( and Ian of course!!) The kids are looking forward to "Ruth's milkshakes", Andrew is after the yabbies, and well me... I will remember to drink plenty of water before consuming any "Red" for fear of a repeat of the last time we enjoyed your hospitality!!!

Jen
AnswerID: 157870

Follow Up By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Wednesday, Mar 01, 2006 at 19:25

Wednesday, Mar 01, 2006 at 19:25
Hi Jen, how nice to hear from you. Ian will be pleased when he comes in. Tell the kids that I should have Blue Heaven milkshakes by the time they get here and that the Bakery will have soft serve ice-cream!!!!
Maaaaaaaaa (Mrs Al) likes Blue Heaven she tells me.
I'll mark it in the diary when you are expected. Mightn't be any yabbies if we don't get a flood - poor Andrew. Plenty of 'red' though. What a great night we had - shame you can't remember much about it. LOL.
Looking forward to seeing you all and how much the kids have grown.
FollowupID: 412228

Sponsored Links