80 Series Rego Codes in NSW

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 18:51
ThreadID: 31261 Views:5143 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived

I have an 80 series turbo and had PVS as the shape code until I discovered that a PVF code leads to cheaper green slips.

So I rolled down to the RTA and asked if they could alter the code to PVF which they did no charge.

So anyone with a PVS code check the various green slip prices. I found QBE to be the cheapest this year provided I had the PVF code.

You can get several quotes at once from www.maa.nsw.gov.au. In the case of QBE the quote from this site assumes a PVF code.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: cloughie - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 19:11

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 19:11
please explain?What does the codes mean.
AnswerID: 157596

Reply By: Bugs - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 19:20

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 19:20
Im not sure what the PVS means but PVF means Panel Van Four Wheel Drive.

PVS is some goods vehicle classification I believe.
AnswerID: 157600

Follow Up By: Member - Matt M (ACT) - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 20:21

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 20:21
From the RTA motor dealer's guide. No mention of PVF though. Perhaps a 'special' category designed to screw a few extra cents out of 4WD owners (we are, after all, responsible for most of the problems in the world from stupid pedestrians to the war in Iraq).

Convertible CON
Coupe COU
Forward Control Passenger Vehicle FCV
Hearse HRS
Invalid Conveyance INV
Motor Cycle CYC
Motor Cycle With Side Car CYS
Sedan SED
Small Bus SBS
Snow Vehicle SNO
Station Wagon WAG
Three Wheel Car TWC


Animal Carrier AC
Bolster BOL
Bulk Carrier/Hopper BC
Cab And Chassis CHS
Compactor CPA
Concrete Carrier CC
Mobile Home MH
Motor Vehicle Carrier VC
Panel Van PVN
Panel Van With Side Windows
PVW Panel Van With Windows & Seat/S PVS
Pantechnicon PAN
Prime Mover PMV
Refrigerated Van RV
Table Top With Fittings TTF
Table Top Without Fittings TT
Tanker TNK
Tipper TPR
Tow Truck TOW
Utility UTE
FollowupID: 411900

Reply By: Wizard2 - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 20:21

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 20:21
I love posts where they are in a language that no one understands or use TLAs (three letter acronyms) that require a glossary...

I think it has something to do with green slips, whatever they are

AnswerID: 157610

Follow Up By: Footloose - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 20:24

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 20:24
Just means that the mexicans are green with envy :)))
FollowupID: 411902

Reply By: Peter 2 - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 21:53

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 21:53
Be careful though as a panelvan isn't a stationwagon and it could affect your insurance and rego.
Panelvans usually only have 2 or 3 seats, panelvans with seats (PVS from memory) are in a different category insurance wise to a wagon which is what your 80 series should be labelled as, especially as a wagon is cheaper to insure (greenslip and general insurance) and register than a panelvan.
All to do with whether it is passenger or goods carrying.
AnswerID: 157656

Reply By: nowimnumberone - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 22:16

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 22:16
i love victorian rego
its a car-truck or motorbike
AnswerID: 157671

Reply By: Philip A - Wednesday, Mar 01, 2006 at 11:51

Wednesday, Mar 01, 2006 at 11:51
In NSW a Suzuki Vitara soft Top is designated a UTILITY with high green slip cost.
Regod it in Qld and they also wanted to call it a utility but a showed the girl that it was a soft top with 4 seats and they registered it as that.
Unbelievable how the RTA continually screws you.
Regards Philip A
AnswerID: 157793

Sponsored Links