Casuarina Camper Trailers

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006 at 20:16
ThreadID: 31263 Views:4376 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,
I've been looking into camper trailers and trying to get "up-to-speed" on all the ins & outs on what to look for in offroad camper trailers. Amongst a number of manufacturers I look at (during the Wandin 4x4 Day here in Vic) was Casuarina Camper Trailers (in particular I'm looking at their "Flinders" camper). Can anyone comment / give me any feedback on these campers &/or the manufacturers?
Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: RickBew - Thursday, Mar 02, 2006 at 16:06

Thursday, Mar 02, 2006 at 16:06
Pete

I've never heard of them and from the lack of response, I'd say not many people have.

I owned a Gumnut and almost bought a Kiss Camper when trading up. Both these companies have come and gone. Only tip I have would be to purchase from a manufacturer that is well known.

No specific recomendations I'm affraid.

Rick
AnswerID: 158108

Follow Up By: Pete-3139 - Thursday, Mar 02, 2006 at 19:48

Thursday, Mar 02, 2006 at 19:48
Rick,

Thanks for the reply. I've done some more research and also found another posting on OE (a week ahead of me) asking the same question (re: Macca77's posting). Some interesting feedback from both sides which I'll take onboard.
I had a look at every CT on display at the Vic Wandin Show and at the end of the day there's only handful of manufacturers with CTs in my price range that I liked. So I'll be visiting each of them and getting prices on CTs with any mods that I want and then trying to compare apples.
I'm not worried about Casuarina (or any others) being new (in CT terms) as everyone has to start somewhere, so long as the product is up to scratch.

Cheers

Pete
FollowupID: 412538

Follow Up By: RickBew - Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 16:09

Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 16:09
Pete

Partly true IMO. There have been cases where customers have ordered paid a deposit and received a rude shock, NO TRAILER!!! (my neighbour with Kiss) How do you get a warranty claim through if the doors are closed (me with Gumnut)??

Beware the cowboys and again I point the finger at nobody.

I'm still looking for something $8-10k and have been to honestly 12-14 different places ranging from garages & small factories to large swish establishments. If you ask the right questions to the right person it seems the market is not as bouyant as it first seems. Good news, there are many companies doing it really really tough so you should get a good buy.

Anyway good luck and bottom line is get out there!!

Rick

Rick

FollowupID: 412793

Sponsored Links