boating in the kimberley & WA

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 14, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 314 Views:2633 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone had any experience with either an inflatable or motorised canoe in the kimberley or west coast of WA? I'm thinking of a safe way to boat with my wife and 2 year old.
It seems a lot extra to travel with and I'm wonering if it's worth taking a boat. I've ruled out the tinnie because of the weight factor.

Any feedback would be gratefully accepted.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Linda - Wednesday, Jul 18, 2001 at 00:00

Wednesday, Jul 18, 2001 at 00:00
Hi Bruce, I'm no expert on boats but having recently returned from a trip around Oz, I will say that we saw very few people with inflatable or motorised canoes. I think the problem with them is that especially in the Kimberley, you'd want to go out in a reasonable size boat given the croc factor and conditions. We saw a few people with canoes or kayaks who used them in gorges and freshwater. Having said this, we wished we had taken a boat but as you say, unless you're prepared to take a tinnie and love fishing its maybe not worth it. Linda (ExplorOz team)
AnswerID: 779

Reply By: Bruce - Monday, Jul 23, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, Jul 23, 2001 at 00:00
Thanks to Linda from the wonderful EzplorOz team,
we've decided to go for the tinnnie option for the croc factor.I am now looking at buying the boat & motor up north, and perhaps sell it up there. I appreciate your advice. And thanks for this forum- it's really useful.
AnswerID: 786

Sponsored Links