rodeo injector pump gear timing

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 05, 2006 at 14:34
ThreadID: 31432 Views:15751 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I recently had the diesel injector pump on my 2.8TD overhauled. When I removed the pump I turned the engine over by hand until the no.4 valves were rocking and at the inspection hole the marker was visible lined up with the pointer on the timing gear housing, as the harmonic balancer had rotated the timing mark on it was inaccurate. My problem now is that when the reco pump came back I noticed that there are two marks on the injector pump drive gear, one shaped like a v and the other one like a 0 about 160 degrees apart.
As its been a few weeks since the pump came out l now can't remember which mark to line up with the pointer on the timing gear cover. Can anybody help me out as the local diesel shop wants me to take the ute in and charge me $140 and add to that a tow truck to get it there just to set the mark correctly and wont give me the info.
I would appreciate any help as to the correct mark thanks.
Rowdy1
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: guzzi - Sunday, Mar 05, 2006 at 15:42

Sunday, Mar 05, 2006 at 15:42
Rowdy,
Recheck the crankshaft to align the timeing mark on the crank pulley with the TDC mark,
Install the injection pump so that the timeing "O" mark on the pump gear aligns with the arrow mark on the timeing gear case cover.
Thats from the Isuzu workshop manual.
I am assumeing the TDC is for No1 cyclinder.
Hope this helps.
AnswerID: 158710

Follow Up By: Rowdy1 - Sunday, Mar 05, 2006 at 20:49

Sunday, Mar 05, 2006 at 20:49
Thanks guzzi, yes TDC was on No1 with the valves rocking on no4 cylinder.
Rowdy
FollowupID: 413273

Reply By: Ron173 - Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 07:44

Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 07:44
That sucks,

after giving them your business, they wont give you a small piece of info to re install, and want to extort more $$ from you.

I would never visit them again and tell them so.

Ron
AnswerID: 158828

Sponsored Links