Web Page Loading from ExploreOz site!!

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 05, 2006 at 20:29
ThreadID: 31451 Views:1903 Replies:7 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

I find that web pages loaded from this site are so slow to be served up after a link is clicked. I have no prblems with any other sites surfed...just this one.

Anyone else have this problem...its almost like the web server has skinny pipes accessing the info or the web server and/or database is struggling to deal with the page requests.

This happens to me anytime of day at home or at work on one of three different ISP connections.

Regards

Stuart M
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Willie , Epping .Syd. - Sunday, Mar 05, 2006 at 21:14

Sunday, Mar 05, 2006 at 21:14
Stuart ,
Is 4WD Aventures the same as Getabout 4WD Aventures ?
Willie .
AnswerID: 158787

Follow Up By: AT4WD ADVENTURES - Sunday, Mar 05, 2006 at 21:27

Sunday, Mar 05, 2006 at 21:27
Hey Willie,

No AT4WD Adventures is not the same as Getabout 4WD ADventures. I used to run tag alongs under the All Terrain 4WD Adventures banner but insurance hikes got the better of me....now I use the name to do other things.

Stuart.
FollowupID: 413284

Reply By: Member - Mike H (VIC) - Sunday, Mar 05, 2006 at 21:21

Sunday, Mar 05, 2006 at 21:21
Hi Stuart,
I don't seem to have a problem from here.
Are you sure it isn't your ISP? but you say that it happens with different connections .....
Once you click on a link it doesn't really matter much where the link is as you are instantly telling the net where you want to go.

But maybe because I'm a member here :-))

Cheers,
Mike
AnswerID: 158788

Follow Up By: AT4WD ADVENTURES - Sunday, Mar 05, 2006 at 21:32

Sunday, Mar 05, 2006 at 21:32
Hey Mike,

A link is exactly that a link to a file on a server.....if the server or pipes or applications aren't up to the service that the link points to then slow loading web pages result.

I have tried this site on iburst, ozemail and tpg and all are the same.

Stuart

FollowupID: 413287

Follow Up By: Geoff M (Newcastle, NSW) - Sunday, Mar 05, 2006 at 22:11

Sunday, Mar 05, 2006 at 22:11
With the same or different computers?

Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message
Classifieds: Landcruiser 16x8 Rims,

FollowupID: 413302

Follow Up By: T.C - Sunday, Mar 05, 2006 at 23:20

Sunday, Mar 05, 2006 at 23:20
Ditto here, this is the only site i visit and loads sooo slow. I right click and open a few threads in new windows, come back in a couple of minutes and then read them.

But i still come here and read. :-)
FollowupID: 413318

Follow Up By: traveller2 - Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 08:20

Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 08:20
Nah its because the west is 2 hours behind and the data has to beat the clock ;-)))

But yes I access it from several sites and connections and it is quite often slow, been totally off the air a few times lately too of an evening here in Sydney.
FollowupID: 413342

Reply By: Member - Paul P (Bris) - Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:04

Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:04
Stuart

Clear your browser cache and all the cookies ( Browser options ). Run a program such as Ad-Aware (free version) to clear away the unwanted spy ware and then see how it goes. I assume you run anti-virus program. If you run a firewall disable it and see if there is any performance improvement.

The tracerout (tracert) will allow you to see where the bottlekneck is.

Regards

Paul
AnswerID: 158859

Reply By: Member - Omaroo (NSW) - Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:13

Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:13
Members 33
Customers 1
Visitors 29
Anon 1131
Total 1194

That's a lot of simultaneous sessions going (1194) - and it's not even busy right now. This is a very popular and therefore busy site fellas....
AnswerID: 158861

Reply By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:26

Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:26
With the effort David put in with the new code and the new super duper server I no longer have issues with this site like I was having. All very quick now even with over 1000 users.
AnswerID: 158864

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 13:01

Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 13:01
We have 5 different monitoring servers running on different ISP around the country and since the new server was installed 2 weeks ago we have only reported a handfull of issues with performance and these were always related to me doing large database batch updates - I did one lot on Friday night at 11PM WST. However we have never had a server performance issue of > 4 secs turn around since the new server.

As suggested above run a traceroute (Windows OS - tracert www.exploroz.comfrom the cmd promt) and look at the timing that is returned. It will show you the router or service provider that is producing the bottleneck. If you are able to send me the traceroute command outputs that would help me also as I can then investigate. I an very sure that the latency is not be comming from our server however if it is a XYZ ISP link to the WebCentral network (and this does happen at times) I can pass the information onto the relevant bodies for action.

The ExplorOz server sits on a network infrastructure that contains multiple 1000MBps & 100MBps links for redundancy. The site is housed in Queensland at WedCentral Pty Ltd - Australia's Largest hosting company. Yes we do pass a lot of traffic across the machine and hence my investment in new servers the other week. However I believe I am covered in user acess till we hit around 3,000 concurrent users - I also have plan in place to get upto 10,000 concurrent sessions if the need arrises (this involves software chaanges that I have already started to write). I am in Perth using Bigpond broadband in our office so we have the west to east speed issue to get past also however reports from my site performance equipment (in my office) is always showing better that 2 sec response time.

So please pass on any reports you can gather as posts saying the system is slow mean nothing without the abiity for us to investigate. The easiest method for this is tracert as above. To copy and paste to email you need to click on the top LHS control box and select Mark then highlight the text and click again on the control box to select copy. Paste to email and send to david@exploroz.com.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 158869

Reply By: Ole Grizzly - Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 16:37

Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 16:37
Struth !!!! the speed in here is great for me and my little Suzi...we manage to keep up...LOL...
AnswerID: 158909

Sponsored Links