Nissan Murano Add

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 07, 2006 at 12:09
ThreadID: 31497 Views:2053 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Has anyone seen the new add for the new Nissan Murano?? I saw it last night in Brisbane and couldn't believe it - it's being advertised as:

"...the four wheel drive for the city"

Now I know there's plenty of AWD's on the market (Teritory, Kluger etc) aimed primarily at that demographic but I have never seen an add campaign that states it so bluntly! AND from one of the leading selling brands in Australia! Not really sure what to make of it!! Thoughts?

Cheers
Scoey.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turbo Diesel - Tuesday, Mar 07, 2006 at 13:19

Tuesday, Mar 07, 2006 at 13:19
In short Nissan don't know how to market a 4wd at all, in other words they suck at it. In my opinion Nissan don't pay enough attention to the Australian market, this is reflected in their sales and advertising. Look at the Skylines and patrol short wheel bases over seas, great to see those cars here. Oh well "Just wait to you drive it" YEAH RIGHT, 'Oh what a feeling' now theres a marketing stratergy that works.
AnswerID: 159084

Follow Up By: robak (QLD) - Tuesday, Mar 07, 2006 at 15:10

Tuesday, Mar 07, 2006 at 15:10
TD,

I think Nissan pay very good attention to the market. The market says they want a 4wd to drop the kids off at school and do the shopping.

Short wheel base 4WD never sold well here so they don't bring them in. Mainly because they end up costing just about as much as the LWB version. Look at the defender 90. Not many of them around.

R.
FollowupID: 413620

Follow Up By: Turbo Diesel - Tuesday, Mar 07, 2006 at 15:23

Tuesday, Mar 07, 2006 at 15:23
True they do have some marketing obviously as a company they have to, its just how they appeal to the market that is the difference between Toyota and Nissan in Australia, Ford for example are having huge success with the Territory, marketing it agains 4wds like an 80 series cruiser or patrol, sales fugures prove how good your market research and marketing actually is. Nissan have never really dominated the Australian market in any one particular car, where as Holden, Ford and especially Toyota have, just a few of my observations.
FollowupID: 413621

Follow Up By: dieselup - Tuesday, Mar 07, 2006 at 21:06

Tuesday, Mar 07, 2006 at 21:06
Should see 'em bogged on a beach near you very soon!
FollowupID: 413691

Sponsored Links