60 seris under vehical water tanks

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 30, 2003 at 08:19
ThreadID: 3150 Views:1327 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
i have a hj 61 which has a long range fuel tank that takes up most of the space on the left hand side between the chassi and taail shaft but there is still a bit of room in spots and was wondering what sort of tanks people were fitting and where and what sort of litres? i would like to fit a stainless tank but have got conflicting reports as to their durabilty and stress cracks ?also would it be possible to set up with one shur flo type pump that was plumbed so as you could use it to-suck from a stream into the storage tank or -from stream to one of these heat exchange showers that i have read about or - from the tannk to the shower or - from the tank to a cold water outlet ?? i know it sounds complicated but it would save weight and water under the vehical would be beter for your centre of gravity (with drinking water stored else where i think)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: EXTREME1 - Thursday, Jan 30, 2003 at 10:44

Thursday, Jan 30, 2003 at 10:44
G'day Dingo
I to was after a stainless steel water tank but after finding out how much it was going to cost me ($450 for 70ltrs) I decided against it. I then was told about a place called CAMEC who deal in caravan accessories they have a range a black plastic water tanks with built in inlet, outlet and breather holes and were alot cheaper than stainless ($70 for 60ltrs) only problem is mounting them under your car. You would need to fab up some brackets and some sort of bash plate to protect it from stones.
I then found another brand CAMEC sell, they are made for offroad camper trailers they are 65 litres, 9mm thick plastic (no need for bash plate) they have four built in screw holes ie one for your pump, one for your inlet, one for you outlet and a breather. They also have rails built in either side with 3 holes for bolting it onto your underside of the car or in my case the under side of my tray.
Price wise you are looking at $160 plus your hose, tap and a couple of elbows. They have a internet site to, just look under plumbing supplies.

Hope this helps
AnswerID: 12142

Follow Up By: Extreme1 - Thursday, Jan 30, 2003 at 10:57

Thursday, Jan 30, 2003 at 10:57
http://www.camec.com.au/product.htm then click on PLUMBING EQUIPMENT then bottom of page.
FollowupID: 7029

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)