Kenda tyres

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 08, 2006 at 11:16
ThreadID: 31538 Views:8548 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Has anybody had any experience with kenda tyres.

From what I can gather, they are a cheap tyre from Taiwan and have been widely used on off road motorbikes, pushbikes, and quads for many years. (and wheelchairs)

In the US they are distributed by Coopers

i am guessing that they might be good off road but absolute garbage on the blacktop.

For links: kenda US site

Any info appreciated

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 08, 2006 at 15:44

Wednesday, Mar 08, 2006 at 15:44
robak,
Haven't used the car/4wd tyres but have used the motorbike tyres... Took them off after the first ride and they went out with the hard rubbish. Bought the intermediate terrain tyre and did a ride which was mostly hard pack, no rocks or shale and about 5km of bitumen into town for lunch. By the time we got to the roadhouse for lunch, I had ripped off 5 knobs and many others were cracked/split. By the time we got back to the car to go home, the bike was virtually unrideable. All up, 110km to destroy the back tyre. Based on that, I opted not to put them on my vehicle but of course the car/4wd tyres may be a completely different kettle of fish...
AnswerID: 159327

Follow Up By: robak (QLD) - Wednesday, Mar 08, 2006 at 15:52

Wednesday, Mar 08, 2006 at 15:52
Thanks Blue. Sounds like something to stay clear of then.

Cheers

R.
FollowupID: 413896

Follow Up By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 08, 2006 at 19:15

Wednesday, Mar 08, 2006 at 19:15
No worries robak, perhaps post the same question on Outerlimits There may be some guy's there who have used them and may have positive comments...

Also, this may provide an interesting read for you... Tyre comparison

Blue
FollowupID: 413945

Sponsored Links