Suitable camping sites around Bright Vic

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 08, 2006 at 16:04
ThreadID: 31545 Views:14194 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi people!
I am looking to visit area around Bright, Victoria and surrounding areas ( artist..need new material!) Was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any 'free'camping sites in this part of the country..in other words, is random camping allowed, and do any of you know of any spots that might inflame my artistic talents! I travel with a small female dog ( my alarm system) so would that be a problem around the designated area? I am relatively new to Victoria, so need to ask the question!
Regards
Bronco
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wombat - Wednesday, Mar 08, 2006 at 18:01

Wednesday, Mar 08, 2006 at 18:01
There's plenty of camping areas through the Buckland Valley along the banks of the Buckland River. When you get to the Porepunkah roundabout just head south towards Beveridge's Station and the first camping area is adjacent to the historic cemetry with many more as you get closer to the mountains.
AnswerID: 159348

Reply By: Crackles - Wednesday, Mar 08, 2006 at 19:34

Wednesday, Mar 08, 2006 at 19:34
The Alpine National Park starts just near Beverages Station up the Buckland Valley so would need to camp before there with a dog. Most of the surrounding high country is Nat Park too so would have to leave the dog behind. Mt Murray or Mt Buffalo would be painters hot spots with all the old dead snow gums from the 2003 fires.
Cheers Craig........
AnswerID: 159370

Reply By: gerri - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 15:37

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 15:37
there is a free camping area called Nug Nug near myrtleford
The area where i live around Beechworth might suit you. You could stay on my land if you wanted to. Just e-mail me
AnswerID: 159937

Sponsored Links