Patrol promoting Cruisers!! NICE!!

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 09:00
ThreadID: 31563 Views:2620 Replies:5 FollowUps:28
This Thread has been Archived
Yesturday as I was walking home I saw a Patrol , white - looked about 3 or 4 yrs old, with a Wheel cover that had "Landcruiser RV" on it and on the back windscreen there was a sticker...."My Towball Was Made For Towing Patrols"......

NICE!!!

Laura B
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 09:06

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 09:06
You sure you got it right?

Insignificant little people promoting brand name games.

Ford vs Holden, Toyota vs Nissan etc etc etc

Boring crap!
AnswerID: 159447

Follow Up By: Turbo Diesel - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 09:13

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 09:13
what wllem he said!!!!!
FollowupID: 414073

Follow Up By: Laura B - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 09:14

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 09:14
dont like it then dont read it......
thought it was funny but obviously if you dont then the whole world is wrong!!

Laura B
FollowupID: 414074

Follow Up By: Turbo Diesel - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 09:29

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 09:29
Should i dare to say it again "WHAT WILLEM SAID!!!!!"
FollowupID: 414077

Follow Up By: Scoey - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 10:37

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 10:37
Willem,

No. I wasn't joking but you're clearly just in a mood. You think the topic is crap. I liked it. Tell me, how is this possible? Could it be that we have different likes and dislikes or differing opinions on a topic? Surely not! Yes, I am perpetuating it, but then again, I liked the post so why wouldn't I. You're perpetuating a post that you're clearly not interesting in and quite obviously opposed to and I don't know why. I find it hard to believe a that person as well travelled as you could be bored!

I'll leave you with a red hot tip that works well for me. If I'm intrigued by a thread heading and open it only to find that I'm not at all interested in it, I simply press the "Back" button and I'm returned to the Forum and all is well again. Try it sometime! ;-)

Cheers
Scoey.
FollowupID: 414087

Follow Up By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 10:37

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 10:37
Up the Holdens Willem !!! LOL!!
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 414088

Reply By: Member - Reiner G (QLD) 4124 - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 09:15

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 09:15
Maybe somebody is not happy with Nissan and thought this would be a good way to wind them up.
I have seen a Jayco Caravan years ago that had a sticker on the back window that said " Don't ever buy a Jayco"
Don't think that would work but it would make the owners feel better.....maybe.

cheers
Reiner
AnswerID: 159450

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 09:50

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 09:50
I think those type of stickers are funny and they entertain me. If you don't like them don't read them. I am actually going to get one "Toyota recovery vehicle hail driver for service"
AnswerID: 159454

Follow Up By: Scoey - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 10:17

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 10:17
Glad to see there's a trol driver with a sense of humour! ;-) hehe, just hope I don't see that sticker next time the 80 needs a snatch! ;-)
FollowupID: 414082

Follow Up By: Member - Shane M (WA) - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 11:39

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 11:39
You know Willem it's people like you that make the world interesting, your so bored and have such an ego problem that you have to trash peoples threads and then start calling them names, attacking their age and scholastic levels.

I really think the one here that needs to grow up is you.

If this forum starts going this way, where somebody innocently posts something that they thought would amuse others and the ones that need to get a life start attacking them because they are bored or have such low self esteem that they feel the need to belittle others, I will cancel my membership and move on. It's a pity really because this forum is a great place however more and more threads seem to be going this way.

From my experience it seems to be the long time members that start to do the above and ruin so many forums and the only reason I can think of is that they have seen the type of thread so many times that it triggers the behaviour, but they forget that there are new members joining up all the time that it is all new to. So next time you decide to trash some ones thread stop and think before you do because you might just have the opposite effect to what you desired and end up being the one that gets trashed.
FollowupID: 414101

Follow Up By: Scoey - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 11:43

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 11:43
Hi John,

I think what Laura meant when she said if you don't like it.... etc is that it was obvious from the thread heading what the thread was about. I can only speak for myself but even if I have to open a thread to find out what it;s about I can generally guage whether it's something I want to read before I read it all.

I guess what's got everyone's back up is people (in general) are getting a bit fed up with being told what they can and can't post here by contributors. It doesn't look good and it could lead to newbies feeling reluctant to post. I, personally, think that would be a shame! It's happening more and more of late. David has said countless times before that if you think a post is inappropriate then alert the moderator and leave it at that. It's just my 2 cents and I'm definately not having a go at you mate - I do see your point and it's valid!

Anyway, cheers! ;-)
Scoey!
FollowupID: 414102

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 12:41

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 12:41
Shane & Scoey,

I agree with you on this point. There is a handfull of poeple that decide what will stay and what will go on this forum. If you do not like it alert us using the moderation button do not lower the forum to personal attacks.

I have had numerious complaints from people indicating that they are being scared off from posting on the forum due to being shot down the second their question is posted. Agreed we must control the rubbish posts but personal insults towards other members on this system will not be tollerated. If you feel the need to insult or attack then the best option is to hit the Alert Modertor button NOT the Reply button.

I will attempt to moderate this thread and remove the personal insults - they are not wanted nor welcome on ExplorOz.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 414113

Follow Up By: Scoey - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 13:00

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 13:00
Hi David,
Your point is noted. I guess I got a bit carried away and ended up being guilty of the same thing I was trying to stop! I apologise for this!
I'll be on my best behaviour from now on - I promise! ;-)
I appreciate the efforts!
Cheers
Scoey.
FollowupID: 414120

Follow Up By: Laura B - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 17:19

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 17:19
Me too David Im with Scoey..sorry..I started this thread just for a Friday funny on a thursday!

I also agree that the people who have had membership the longest seem to rule the roost and is very off putting....especially when i have just given someone a promo card for Exploroz and they come back to me saying that there was so much abuse in some threads....

This was not a serious thread but for fun and if you cannt take a joke then just try and laugh - its good for you!!!! :>

thanks for stickin up for me shane!!good to see someone who is light hearted!!!!
Laura B
FollowupID: 414161

Follow Up By: Pud & Barb - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 21:35

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 21:35
Laura I thought yor post was funny.
I am new to this as a visitor and have been thinking of becoming a member but I have replied to a couple of posts to be shot down and have several times typed in a response only to delet because I don't want to be insulted. If they don't like it, don't read it instead of insulting others. I thought the idea of this forum was to share info, regardless of what others may think. We all have different opinions but it's not fair to insult others. I'll see if this gets any insults, such as yawn, etc and I may reconsider joining, which I really would like to do if I don't get insults. Sometimes they make me feel like it's an exclusive boys club, but us gals do have opinions.
Good on you.
Barb
FollowupID: 414218

Follow Up By: Laura B - Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 09:18

Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 09:18
Hey Barb,
Yes us women are very few out there in this game and sure do need to stick together! Please become a member - if you dont your just letting those few who ruin things win! No yawning from me LOL!!!!

When the exclusive boys club starts we'll start our own!

Laura B
FollowupID: 414278

Follow Up By: Gramps (NSW) - Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 18:11

Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 18:11
Barb,

Ignore the negative comments. They are generally few and far between. No matter who we are, or think we are, we all learn a lot on this forum.

p.s. from one who has answered "yawn" to a post in the dim dark past :)))
FollowupID: 414401

Reply By: revhead307 - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 19:15

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 19:15
I had a "Toyoto recovery vehicle" sticker on my last patrol.

I've owned 2 toyotas and 2 nissans.

Now, I have a little yellow sign that reads
"WHO CARES WHOS ON BOARD"

in silent protest of stupid baby on board stickers lol

Rev

AnswerID: 159557

Reply By: ev700 - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 22:50

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 22:50
It's the old scvhoolyard game: irritate a person and when he/she bites (as some will inevitably), accuse the person of being thin-skinned or lacking a sense of humour.

It is called bullying.

On the road it could be seen as road rage.

There are enough angry people out there already, why go out of your way to create some more?
AnswerID: 159610

Follow Up By: Laura B - Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 09:15

Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 09:15
not only was this thread suppossed to be funny (i own an 80 but love patrols!! there - thats funny!!), it was definetley not meant to be a schoolyard game,

not only that but i have not accussed anyone of being thin skinned. Lacking sense of humour - yes!! From the heading of this thread you can tell what this ws going to be all about. Like I said before - dont like it - dont read it!

It is not bullying and if you feel like you have been bullyed then Im truely sorry, if this was to be about bullying patrol owners i would have said so!

Im not out to course trouble, but angry people responded angrily to a thread that began with a sense of humour.

Laura B
FollowupID: 414277

Follow Up By: Member - Omaroo (NSW) - Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 09:22

Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 09:22
Laura - I'm not trying to stir anything up here - but what do you teach?
FollowupID: 414279

Follow Up By: Laura B - Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 09:59

Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 09:59
waiting for someone to ask that - I teach Piano - not music - just Piano....

Laura B
FollowupID: 414287

Follow Up By: Laura B - Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 10:00

Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 10:00
well yes i teach music but not the subject at school.....I teach Piano at a local school and from home

Laura B
FollowupID: 414288

Sponsored Links