Roachie + Cobb

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 18:58
ThreadID: 31586 Views:1971 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G'day Roachie

Post "29095" (22 December, 2005). We were both bemoaning the loss of our dearly beloved Cobbs.

Have you had any success ?? So far I reckon they make the Artful Dodger look like a veritable pillar of society. No luck with any attempts to contact them or any sign of return calls placed through their agencies.

Seem like it will be relegated to the wheelie bin ... with no chance of being replaced by me with more hard earned dollars.

Have you had any better luck??

Cheers

Rosco
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 20:00

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 20:00
Rosco,

What is the problem with it?

If you check post 31148, Cobb are about to release a new Base which you will be able to purchase for $50.

Several forumites have contacted Cobb Australia and received prompt service.

Could your approach to them need a little more finesse maybe?
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 159565

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 20:06

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 20:06
G'day Sandman and Rosco,

Yes mate, I got satisfaction from Cobb very quickly once they were actually aware of my plight. It cost me $29-00 (including postage) to get a whole new plastic base for the Cobb.

However, as Sand Man has indicated, there is a new stronger base supposed to be coming out soon and I will be anxious to see if this new one is any good. As far as I can see, the new one I got is exactly the same as the one that broke.

What I did learn is that the "Contact Us" link on their website is fubar and it is a waste of time trying to contact them via that method. It is disappointing to learn though, that they've known this link is out of service for quite some time. It may have been fixed by now, but then that begs the question about why they haven't responded to your enquiry/ies.

Good luck and don't throw the Cobb away whatever you do.

Cheers

Roachie
FollowupID: 414192

Reply By: Rosco - Qld - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 20:42

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 20:42
Sandman

When it comes to things breaking unreasonably, I have been known to be a subtle as a turd in a salad in my dealings with the purveyor of said goods, however, in this instance, and being mindful of my many failings in this regard I relegated the task to herself ... the picture of all things admirable, when it comes to negotiating with mere mortals.

She called the local agent in the Valley who assured her they would be in touch with the head honchos and either they or she would be back in contact soonest.

After a considerable wait, herself then tried, unsuccessfully, on many occasions to ring the head office. Ring, ring, ring, ring ........... no luck. Similar blank looks from the Valley lot.

I have just read the thread to which you kindly referred me and note with interest the new developments. I also noted and somewhat concur with Jimbo's tail end comment.

However, sigh .... I shall instruct herself (in the most gentle of terms), to persist in her endeavours.

Roachie

Good to hear you had some success. Unfortunately their "Contact Us" proceedure would appear to be at best, questionable in all areas.

It is/was a top unit with which we were very happy .. if only Humpty Dumpty could be put back together again .... :-(( As I do miss the free range chook, ala Cobb.

Hmmm .... Valda! Get on the phone and try to annoy the bastards ....... yet again.

Cheers blokes
AnswerID: 159573

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 22:26

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 22:26
Fair enough Rosco.

I guess I'd be a little browned off if mine went cactus like others have reported because I really like the concept and use it all the time.

Fortunately, Mine (so far) has behaved itself.

The fry pan accessary is actually used as an ordinary frypan at times, on top of the Coleman gas stove. It has a good solid base and is excellent for eggs come breakfast time.

As far as attempted contact goes, it sounds more like a problem with the Retailer rather than Cobb Australia. Try ringing them on 03 9532 5611.
Bill

AnswerID: 159605

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 22:58

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 22:58
Done some research on Cobb's American site and found what is probably coming here.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and check out the Cobb Replacement Premium Base

Bill

AnswerID: 159613

Follow Up By: Rosco - Qld - Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 23:04

Thursday, Mar 09, 2006 at 23:04
Thanks mate

A wealth of info. I'll check with herself if that is the number she's been trying.

She's out with one of her cobbers at the moment ..... who knows where. Aaaah peace and quiet.

Cheers mate

Rosco
FollowupID: 414249

Reply By: Trekkie (Member - WA) - Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 00:39

Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 00:39
Rosco
I had trouble with my Cobb last September and I emailed Cobb (I think on info@cobbaustralia.com.au - but you need to check this re Roachies comments) I took about 4 digital photos and also sent them. After a couple of days I picked up the phone and got hold of one of the owners - no problems at all - agreed to a warranty claim and asked me to go back to one of their distributors - again no problems, the distributor called Cobb and I walked out with a new base.
Apart from that, if its not a warranty the base is only a few dollars to buy - well worth it when you consider how good it works.
AnswerID: 159630

Sponsored Links