Division 4 Region 4 (North East)
Hurley Street
Woods Point 3723
Victoria, Australia
09/03/2006

Riders and Drivers

Subject: Riding and Driving at Woods Point

Greetings,

Further news for Riders and Drivers in the Woods Point Police Response Zone, Victoria.

This is just a short note to help you all before the Easter holiday begins, firstly track access. I believe that tracks such as;

· Lazarini’s Track
· Ryan’s Spur Track
· Corn Hill Road and Track
· Frenchman’s Spur Track
· Army Track
· Hope Track

Have been cleared of trees by the DSE recently and should be open. A large tree is still blocking Old Coach Road and Champion Spur Track has not been cleared as yet. If you are coming up this way, once again be prepared with the appropriate equipment and communications. Logging Operations are in full swing in the Grants Track area near Mc Adams Gap; they will be transporting logs with double trailers to Maryville for at least the next 4 months. So along with the logging in the Oaks area there will be a lot of Semi Trailer traffic on our already difficult roads.

It is very dry at the moment and this coming long weekend will be hot, with the amount of trees down and the fire season with us the danger of bushfire is real and all users of the parks and forest must be concerned with fire safety in the bush. As you can imagine that if a fire gets away up here it will go a long way and do a lot of damage.

Safety with Firearms: I recently had to deal with a group of 4 wheel drive enthusiasts who had come up to Matlock to have a buck’s party. They had had a bit to drink and decided to shoot at some clay targets. Apparently they had been doing this for quite some time on that particular Saturday afternoon but I was called late at night to talk to them. Needless to say if people wish to drink and shoot in populated areas, no matter how sparsely populated they will suffer the consequences, the risk of court appearances, loss of licences and thousands of dollars worth of firearms and equipment, to say the least can be the result.

I would ask you all if you are coming into the bush in the coming holidays, or anytime for that matter, be prepared for what you are going to undertake, drive, ride or hunt within the rules and hopefully you will all have a happy, safe and enjoyable time.

K.J. DWIGHT BM
Senior Constable 26884
Officer in Charge
Woods Point Police Station
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: madcow - Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 07:52

Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 07:52
Hope track is definetly open. We were there last weekend driving from Mt Terrrible to Rubicon via Stockmans Reward.
AnswerID: 159647

Sponsored Links