destinator software

Submitted: Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 19:22
ThreadID: 31630 Views:3467 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
goodday all
does anybody know can destinator software be ADJUSTED to add oziexplore and natmap raster maps

steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 22:06

Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 22:06
Not that I can see, Ozi and natmap basically work on telling you where you are on a picture, whereas Destinator is a more knowedgeable map, i.e. it knows street names and their connectivity, I reckon it'd only use its own maps.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 159814

Follow Up By: Old Scalyback & denny - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 07:40

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 07:40
goodday bonz
thanks i was having a look at the voxson voxtrak gps/pdabut it works on the destinator software and from what i can find out doesnt cover desert areas
worst part is the financial controller had given permission????

steve
FollowupID: 414496

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 09:07

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 09:07
Hi Steve, its a shame to waste that expenditure approval, but I dont think the Voxson is at all like the PDA navigators that are about. I took a look at the blurb on it, seems proprietary to Destinator and suitable phones, I doubt it would be flexible enough to change the maps or to use something like Oziexplorer, I may be wrong tho.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 414511

Follow Up By: Old Scalyback & denny - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 14:00

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 14:00
goodday bonz
its a new item voxtrak 250 tvsn had them for $998? pda with built in gps or gps/pda uses sd card for memory etc 256meg pretty hard to find info on them i rang voxson and they werent sure but to look at them i went to tvsn and used the search path
comes with 240v adapter 12v adapter holder with strong suction cap

see below its easier on an old head than remembering
steve

Available for delivery only in Australia and New Zealand. Voxson Voxtrack 250 handheld GPS and PDA with voice activated navigation.
• Voxtrack has integrated latest destinator software
• Voxtrack uses the latest 2005 maps
• Voice prompted turn by turn navigation
• User Friendly touch screen interface
• Handwriting recognition
• Latest Australian map data
• Plus all the functionality of a standard PDA
• Media player for music and video

• Synchronize your files, documents, email, contacts and appointments with your PC This offer comes with Bonus Suction Mounted Car Bracket making navigation even easier.
• The sturdy suction cap bracket conveniently secures your device to the windshield whilst the quick release lever allows for easy removal
• Handy rotating ball joint allows you to tilt and swivel the angle of the unit for optimal viewing
• Also ideal to hold Mobile Phone and MP3 Players

Dimensions: 31 x 22 x 10cms boxed

Country of Origin: CHINA

Technical Specifications: Package includes Voxtrack 250 GPS PDA, Voice Activated Software, SD card that include Australian maps, 12V Car Charger, USB Cradle, CD, User Manual and 240V AC adaptor, Bonus Car Bracket

Warranty: 12 Months Manufacturers Limited Warranty
FollowupID: 414561

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 14:22

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 14:22
Well old mate if it says ALL the functionality of a standard PDA then you could install Ozi I reckon, of course once you buy it and check it out you probably cant, I'd want to have one in my hand and see if work if I was going to part with the readies

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 414563

Reply By: Mike DiD - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 08:08

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 08:08
If you have a PDA that runs on WM5 or PocketPC 2003 etc then you can run OziExplorer CE software on it. OziCE will not run on PALM devices.

Run Destinator in the builtup areas and then change to OziCE when in remote areas.

Many do it that way.

Mike
AnswerID: 159863

Sponsored Links