GU Patrol Hose/Belt Kits

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 10:20
ThreadID: 31644 Views:1940 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'Day

We are doing a long trip in April/May in the outback. I hv a 4.2 tdi GU Patrol and am looking to get a complete set of engine hoses/belts. Anyone have any recommendations as to suppliers, and if so, contact details ?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Lambo
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: bombsquad - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 10:47

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 10:47
There is a few on ebay, unsure of quality etc. A couple of things I have found out, some the hard (and expensive ) way. A mechanic mate said to always put your new hoses on your truck, as new ones deteriorate in the back of your car, so they are wasted if they sit in there for a few years waiting for a failure, not to mention its easier to replace such things in your shed at your lesure than in the bush.

My other 'learning' is don't neglect the heater hoses and any other small hoses. The kits I have seen do not have these, and when they fail, they dump just as much coolant as the big ones. I had this happen and first I knew of it was loss of power - hello engine rebuild$$$$. I have since fitted a low coolant alarm, it is noisy and easy to test.

Not answering your query really, but I hope it helps

Cheers Andrew
AnswerID: 159881

Reply By: bob - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 13:52

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 13:52
Lambo,

Not sure where u are but I know that Don Kyatt spares use to do hose and belt kits for patrols. Not sure of the quality though as ive never bought them.
As for fitting befor u go it is the best way to do it as if u are not mechenical minded it lets u know exactly what tools u need and you know that the spare (old) hoses will fit.

Regards
Bob
AnswerID: 159913

Reply By: Shawn - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 14:37

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 14:37
Lambo,
I've got a GU III wagon and have been to auto1, supacheap, etc etc to get radiator hoses, separately and in the kit packs. The ones they supply for the 4.2 are not long enough for the GU III. Got so fed up with buying them, measuring them up then taking them back to get my money back, I now, just get them from Nissan. I know its dearer, but atleast they fit and I get a hose/belt/ whatever every pay day. Thats my allowance spent for the fortnight.
Cheers
Shawn
AnswerID: 159923

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 21:44

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 21:44
How well do you know your Nissan man? when we did (almost) the Sompson, we got them to order in a full set of hoses and the one belt we needed, and took them back unused and unharmed and paid NOTHING.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 159992

Sponsored Links